Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (776)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
There's a bromeliad for everyoneThe bromeliad is houseplant of the month March, a good time to highlight the largest bromeliad supplier and long-term partner from OZ Planten: Bromelia Specialist. Bromelia Specialist has a market share in turnover of 48% in Europe and is one of the largest providers of bromeliads.
Bromelia Specialist is the umbrella organisation of marketing and sales for four nurseries: LKP Plants, Bunnik Vriesea's, Tobias Bromeliads and La Pura Vida. Each nursery specializes in growing various types of bromeliads, thus the organisation can deliver a wide range of different varieties. Together they provide a production of 9 million bromeliads annually. Siegfried Bunnik and Wim Koolhaas (LKP Plants) form the management since 2009 of Bromelia Specialist.
The strength of Bromelia Specialist is the broad range that the company can supply. The range consists of many types of guzmania, vriesea, tillandsia, aechmea, ananas, neoregelia and other lesser-known varieties such as tillandsia usneoides, nidularium, billbergia, cryptyantus and vriesea multiflora.
The starting point for the Bromelia Specialist is to produce market-oriented, each season has its own needs and that goes for every customer as well. With the end customer in mind, the Bromelia Specialist finds suitable offers on the basis of six lifestyle groups. (Cupcake Colors, Green Rituals, Modern Mind, Sweet Romance, Urban Industry and Classic Coziness).
Bromelia Specialist can provide plants with added value year round. This is often with their own pots. Bromeliad lends itself well to sell with pot because of its bright colours. In a suitable pot a bromeliad quickly stands out on the shelf.
The grower has high standards for its cultivation in order to provide the same high-quality year round. Through modern technology, much attention is paid to the culture process. The spaces in the nurseries are used optimally. Each plant changes three times to another table and in total it takes about one year and 16 weeks before the plant is ready for sale. The growth process takes approximately 1 year, and 16 weeks are needed to develop the beautiful characteristic flowers by means of ethylene.
Bromelia Specialist has a number of its own cultivars and is constantly developing new varieties with their partners. Before the grower decides to produce a new cultivar on large scale the plant must meet 4 conditions:
- The plant should fit well in cultivation.
- The plant must have a long shelf life.
- The plant must have strong, full colours.
- The plant must be able to positively surprise consumers.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/1/2017
Other news in this sector:
RESTORATION CAME UPON MY LIFE WITH THE HELP OF FUNDING CIRCLE INC. AFTER BEEN DRAIN BY SCAMS ...
I'm Isabella Tyson from 1910 N Halsted St Unit 3, Chicago IL60614 USA,, i have been searching for a genuine loan company for the past few months and all i got was bunch of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day took my money without giving anything in return, all hope was lost i got confused and frustrated, i find it very difficult to feed my family and vowed never to have anything to do with loan companies on net and went to seek of assistance from a very good friend which i explained all my experience regarding online companies with and said he can help me that he knows of a Godsent and well known company called FUNDING CIRCLE PLC, he stated he just got a loan from them although i was still very unsure about this company due to my past experience but i decided to give it a try and did as i was directed by my friend and applied, i never believed but i tried and to my greatest surprise i received my loan in my bank account within 24 hours, i could not believe that i would stand on my feet financially again. I’m glad I took the risk and applied for the loan and today i'm thanking God that such loan companies still exist and promise to share the good news to people who are in need of financial assistance because the rate of scams on net is getting very serious and i don't want people to fall victim when we still have genuine and Godsent lenders.. You can contact this Godsent company using the information as stated and be a partaker of this great testimony.. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Call/Text +14067326622 thanks
Isabella Tyson, CA, USA - 11/25/2017 5:48:57 PM
I would like import bromeliads in Guadeloupe, have you a catalog
Jardins de Guadeloupe
Lignieres Marie Christine , Baillif , Guadeloupe - 11/23/2017 11:27:56 AM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.