Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (9)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (152)
- Universities breed new varieties and careers (1)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- USA Bouquet Company joins forces with Dutch Flower Group’s Retail Division (1)
- The journey of Mother's Day flowers captured in pictures (1)
- UK: Senecio ‘Angel Wings’ wins new product award at Glee (1)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (2)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Breeding
Uganda: Dutch breeder paves the way to sustainabilityBreeding company Royal Van Zanten pursues a progressive policy at its production sites in Uganda. A look at its propagation facilities hones in on important sustainable certifications such as MPS GAP, ABC level 1 and Socially Qualified in practice.Environmentally-friendly cultivationIn addition to.....
US (LA): Limelight hydrangea named Louisiana Super PlantAn outstanding new hydrangea called Limelight (Hydrangea paniculata Limelight) has been named a Louisiana Super Plant selection by the LSU AgCenter. Limelight hydrangeas bring a whole new look and way to use hydrangeas in our landscapes. This is not your grandmother’s garden hydrangea.by Dan Gill, LSU.....
Oso Easy Urban Legend Rosa wins ARS Award of ExcellenceProven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend Rosa has been honored with the 2019 Award of Excellence by the American Rose Society.In 1973 the American Rose Society Board of Directors established the Award of Excellence (AOE) to recognize new miniature and miniflora rose varieties of superior quality and.....
Extensive trialling leads to resilient Imara impatiens wallerianaImara, the new impatiens walleriana from Syngenta Flowers is more resistant to downy mildew than ever before, which took scientists years to develop. During intensive, large-scale trialling, Imara out-performed other varieties even when exposed to the disease. The testing confirmed the series has strong.....
Australia: Somatic fusion could lead to new waxflower hybridsHelix Australia is a major player in the breeding, licensing, marketing and commercialisation of Waxflower (Chamelaucium sp.) for both cut flower and pot plant production. Waxflower is one of the most popular filler flowers in the global cut flower trade with key production zones in Israel, South Africa,.....
US: A sneak peek of Agastache Poquito OrangeTerra Nova Nurseries announced Monday 11th June a sneak peek of Agastache Poquito Orange ('TNAGAPO') PPAF PVR. This aromatic and lovely perennial has long-blossoming, clear-orange flowers that will bloom from June to September.Agastache Poquito Orange is a short and bushy plant that is drought tolerant once.....
Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials displayVisitors to Danziger’s 2018 Flower Trials Display will find more retail solutions with a more international approach. The company will highlight its Amore Petunia series, which is about to get further enhancement this upcoming season. Danziger will also showcase two main product lines, the Timeless Bidens.....
Four breeders launch breeding platformFor more than four years, four companies in the ornamental horticulture trade - KP Holland, Interplant Roses, Schoneveld Breeding and Sion Young Plants - have been working together closely in the field of breeding. Now, these independent family businesses are establishing Breeding Accel, a knowledge platform.....
Rosanna Freyre, University of Florida:
Universities breed new varieties and careersIt all started with potatoes. Rosanna Freyre came to the U.S. in 1990 from Peru. She did her PhD on potato molecular genetics at Michigan State University, having obtained her master's degree on germplasm enhancement of sweet potato at the International Potato Center in Lima. She went on to do a postdoc on.....
Edelweiss as a cut flowerEdelweiss was almost extinct because of the film The Sound of Music. This film caused an Edelweiss–craze and fans picked the mountains bare. The plant is now a protected species.And fortunately, we can now also enjoy Leontopodium Blossom of Snow. This new Edelweiss flowers like no other. Not just once, but.....
‘The heart of Plant Heritage’