- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
- Manager Production Seedlings - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht
- UK Sales Manager - (South of the UK)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Van Lier Nurseries:
"NZ: "Only the best quality makes it to market"
But the company is not just about roses, they have Alstroemeria as well. The long standing family run business that are well known for their cut flower propagation and cultivation grow a myriad of different flowers throughout their nurseries in Massey and Riverhead, Auckland.
Their Alstreomeria lines (while not as expansive as their roses) carry the same value and promise that all Van Lier products do: only the best quality makes it to market. Through a stringent quality control process, four main checks are done to ensure that only the best flowers leave their nurseries and make it out to the NZ consumer via flower retailers.
They specialise in a new variety of Alstroemeria to the NZ market called: Florinca. Florinca is a type of ‘spray Alstroemeria’ that has multiple bracts and blooms per stem, giving it a ‘spray effect’ of flower heads. This new type of Alstroemeria works in all flower settings, from bouquets to grand wedding arrangements it adds height, colour and impact. Florinca from Van Lier Nurseries comes in two colours: Charmelia (Light Pink) and Paradiso (White).
You can find out more about them in this NZ Flowers Week interview.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-24 "It was love at first sight with this variety"
- 2020-07-24 Starting a flower farm in Washington D.C.
- 2020-07-24 Dutch cutting supplier ready to get started with new facility
- 2020-07-23 This is how SK Roses and FleuraMetz are preparing for 100% Digital
- 2020-07-22 John Simko, president Sunshine Bouquet, sees further consolidation
- 2020-07-21 "Orchids to unlock science-backed health and wellness benefits"
- 2020-07-21 "The Gloriosa is a beautiful product with sufficient market potential"
- 2020-07-21 2020 AFE internship awards and placements
- 2020-07-20 Plant-powered people, creating people-powered plants
- 2020-07-20 US (AK): North Pole Peonies joins Certified American Grown
- 2020-07-17 UK: Grower nominated for award for helping to enrich Sussex countryside
- 2020-07-17 "With a new cultivation floor and seed line, we can really get going"
- 2020-07-17 CAN (BC): Dairy and beef farm expands into cut flowers
- 2020-07-16 UK: Hadlow college student progression at Provender Nurseries.
- 2020-07-16 How a grower transitioned to cut flowers when the blueberry market collapsed
- 2020-07-16 "Flower growers can make a big difference to the survival of birds"
- 2020-07-15 New short documentary is a love letter to flower farming
- 2020-07-13 Vietnam: Dalat Hasfarm's 14ha expansion on schedule
- 2020-07-10 US: Walters Gardens introduces 'Virtual Cultivate Video Series'
- 2020-07-10 In rural New York, a flower grower discovers her joy