- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
- Maintenance Manager - Cathedral City, California USA
- Junior Teelt manager (Grower) - Netherlands/Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Van Lier Nurseries:
"NZ: "Only the best quality makes it to market"
But the company is not just about roses, they have Alstroemeria as well. The long standing family run business that are well known for their cut flower propagation and cultivation grow a myriad of different flowers throughout their nurseries in Massey and Riverhead, Auckland.
Their Alstreomeria lines (while not as expansive as their roses) carry the same value and promise that all Van Lier products do: only the best quality makes it to market. Through a stringent quality control process, four main checks are done to ensure that only the best flowers leave their nurseries and make it out to the NZ consumer via flower retailers.
They specialise in a new variety of Alstroemeria to the NZ market called: Florinca. Florinca is a type of ‘spray Alstroemeria’ that has multiple bracts and blooms per stem, giving it a ‘spray effect’ of flower heads. This new type of Alstroemeria works in all flower settings, from bouquets to grand wedding arrangements it adds height, colour and impact. Florinca from Van Lier Nurseries comes in two colours: Charmelia (Light Pink) and Paradiso (White).
You can find out more about them in this NZ Flowers Week interview.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-17 Sea Waltz season in Southern California
- 2019-04-17 CAN (ON): 1.9 million square feet of greenhouses and growing
- 2019-04-16 UK: Taylors Bulbs celebrate 100 years with Daffodil Day
- 2019-04-16 UK: Daffodil producers enjoy bumper harvest in fields
- 2019-04-15 Dutch partnership raises scadoxus profile
- 2019-04-15 US (DE): Willey Farms begins rebirth after fire with garden center, greenhouse opening
- 2019-04-15 UK: SWGS Scholarship spots student talent
- 2019-04-11 US (CA): Springtime is tulip time in Modesto
- 2019-04-11 US (AK): Peonies take couple from the ocean to the farm
- 2019-04-10 CAN (BC): Greenhouse worker's flower dye mistake turns water pink
- 2019-04-10 US (IN): Kingsbury-based greenhouse grower prepares for spring rush
- 2019-04-09 Aardam serves up both coffee and tea
- 2019-04-09 US (WA): Family brings flowers to Greenbank Farm
- 2019-04-08 US (MN): After 100 years, Costa Farm & Greenhouse still growing strong
- 2019-04-04 UK: Grower shows youngsters where tulips come from
- 2019-04-04 US (WI): Greenhouses ready for busy spring
- 2019-04-04 American farm creates its own niche in fern-rich Florida
- 2019-04-03 EU: "More challenging to get old Japanese bonsai trees"
- 2019-04-03 CAN (AB): “We've never had a flood like this before”
- 2019-04-01 Dutch gerbera grower strives for ambition and perfection