- Plant Science R&D Technician - Brooklyn (New York) USA
- Head Grower - Alberta, Canada
- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- USDA approves “Orange Petunias” for sale in the United States
- Bill Gates becomes largest farmland owner in the US
- Kenya: United Selections kicks off the year with its annual open day event
- "Bloom guard mixed paper packaging upholds sustainable presentation of flowers in water”
- HilverdaFlorist and Takii join forces to accelerate pot gerbera breeding
Top 5 -last month
- Innovative low oxygen box extends cut flower shelf life
- "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- "Unexpected high demand for Valentine's Day roses"
- Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- “Father of the South American flower industry”
Gregor Ziegler launches Timpor Hydrofibre
"New peat substitute is aggregate for substrates"
"We're stirring up the market of peat substitutes once again," Matthias Ziegler with Gregor Ziegler announces. With Timpor Hydrofibre, Ziegler expands, as of now, the wood fibre range with a particularly water-storing variation. “The product innovation promises to bring further momentum in the area of…
UK: Horticulture industry comes together to promote a roadmap for a peat-free future
Unlocking the complexities of the peat debate by encouraging collaboration of the broad range of industry stakeholders to produce a roadmap the removal of peat from growing media is the focus of a new taskforce, coordinated by the Horticultural Trades Association (HTA). It aims to reinvigorate efforts to tackle…
Wim Roosen, Dutch Plantin
"We are investing to secure the coco supply"
For the second year in a row, the team with Dutch Plantin is building a new factory in India. In addition, the Dutch facilities are being expanded. "The demand for coconut products is increasing worldwide - we're expecting to reach one million extra grow-bags per year this year," says Wim Roosen. "Then…
Akarawut Lohacharoenvanich | Dreamstime.com
"Now suppliers are producing peat free products at a quality and at a price that will attract a consumer"
We are committed to becoming peat-free but this needs to be done in a realistic and sustainable way. This relies on consumers accepting that the quality of peat free media is of equal quality and reasonably priced. We have offered peat free alternatives for as long as I can remember, but consumer…
RHP introduces animation about clean, RHP-certified growing media
In the animation below, the European knowledge centre for growing media RHP explains why RHP-certified growing media are clean and safe for your crop. The RHP quality mark requires full control of production processes in order to effectively exclude possible contamination in the supply chain. This…
Turkish cut flower exporters fear 30 million USD loss due to the corona restrictions in the United Kingdom
Every year, millions of flowers are exported to different parts of the world from Antalya, the capital of cut flower industry in Turkey. The flower exports had stopped for a while due to the Covid19 outbreak but had restarted again in June. Growers had trouble keeping up with the demand due to the supply…
Jiffy doubles its growbags range
Jiffy has doubled its range of growbags. "Now it’s easier than ever for plant propagators and growers to meet their crops’ needs and boost yields," the company states in a press release. New Jiffy Essence Growbags: "the perfect budget choice"Jiffy Essence is our new standard range of growbags. Filled with Jiffy’s peat-free substrate,…
"Demand for high quality substrates growing in China"
While the demand for high-quality horticultural substrates has never been greater, growers are increasingly interested in locally sourced and ecofriendly products. Klasmann-Deilmann China is striving to meet those needs among Chinese growers by developing substrates with locally sourced materials, such…
HC’s fiber solutions earn USDA certification for biobased products
The HC Companies is now a recipient of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Certified Biobased Product Labeling Program for both their EcoGrow and FiberGrow lines of sustainable growing containers, as well as their fiber protective packaging solutions. “For over 30 years, HC’s been providing…
University of Florida IFAS Extension
Five tips on using vermicompost in container growing media
Dr. Paul Fisher from the University of Florida IFAS Extension hosts Dr. Dan Jacques of Sun Gro Horticulture in a new YouTube video. Dan provides tips on using vermicompost as a component in container substrates. Do you know where vermicompost comes from? How it affects pH of your mix? At what rate should…