- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Feb. 7, 2015
US: How to incorporate user-friendly roses into garden plans
The Travis County Master Gardener program is a volunteer horticultural program supporting the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Travis County.
The seminar is free, but park admission is $2 per adult, $1 per child or senior and $3 for non-Austin residents.
“At this program, attendees will learn how to incorporate user-friendly roses into new or existing garden plans,” said Daphne Richards, AgriLife Extension horticulturist for Travis County. “Cher Groody, who will provide program instruction, is a master gardener with 30 years of experience in the use of roses in a landscape.”
Richards said program content will include methods for proper selection of rose varieties, site preparation and maintenance, including pruning, and pest control and fertilization.
“This session is excellent for both newbies and experienced gardeners and questions are encouraged,” Richards said.
For more information
AgriLife Extension office
T: +1 512-854-9600
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Germany: "These are the top ten new rose varieties"
- 2023-11-20 USDA unveils updated Plant Hardiness Zone Map
- 2023-11-15 Compounds from marigold flowers may be useful in treating Parkinson’s disease
- 2023-08-24 Positive atmosphere at Plantarium|Groen-Direkt
- 2023-06-14 Plant market settling into calmer waters
- 2023-06-13 NL: Lots of sun accompanies the start of the FlowerTrials
- 2023-05-22 American Society of Cut Flower Growers names Pinky Winky panicle hydrangea among its 2023 Cut Flowers of the Year
- 2023-05-12 American Rose Trials for Sustainability winners from Star Roses and Plants
- 2023-05-04 NL: Newest pot and bedding plants shown at Pack Trials
- 2023-02-20 "30 perennials you are missing In 2023"
- 2023-02-03 Tulipomania: How a flower became a financial asset
- 2023-01-11 The garden on Symphony of the Seas has over 20,000 plants
- 2022-12-23 The fascinating story of the Semponium
- 2022-12-07 First spot for Ruby Red and Superba New Glitter
- 2022-12-05 New varieties of De Ruiter East Africa on display at Open Day
- 2022-11-14 German tree nursery products on stage at sales fair in Westerstede