The 2015 International Trials Conference, to be held August 24-27, 2015, in conjunction with the 2015 Farwest Show in Portland, Oregon, has announced its list of scheduled speakers and stops for trial garden and nursery tours. A prestigious assembly of plant trial experts, including Keynote speaker, Dr. Allan Armitage, will share expertise at the cutting-edge conference that focuses on the latest research and techniques for trialing annual, perennial, and woody plants. Bus tours during the Conference will showcase premier trial garden sites and nurseries in the heart of Oregon’s nursery country.
Plant trial experts from around the country will lead the two-day educational component offered at the conference. Dr. Armitage’s Keynote, will kick-off the conference on Tuesday, August 25, followed by several in-depth sessions focused on trialing – from research to issues to current innovations and setting standards. A roundtable session led by Armitage and Diane Blazek of All-America Selections will have attendees and other attending experts engage in high-level discussions on standardization in trialing. The conference concludes Thursday, August 27, in conjunction with the start of the Farwest Show. Closing Keynote speaker Marshall Dirks will wrap-up the entire conference and deliver a powerful message on the importance of trials. Expert speakers also on the docket include Pat Hayward, Jim Ault, Susie Raker, Jonathan Pedersen, and many more.
Trial garden tours will be the Conference focus on Wednesday, August 26. A wide array of trial gardens and premier nurseries will be on the tours, including: the International Rose Test Garden, the oldest publicly operated rose test garden in the United States; OSU North Willamette Research and Extension Center; Fessler’s Nursery; Terra Nova Nurseries; and Swan Island Dahlias, the largest dahlia grower in the United States.
“I have attended both ITC’s and have found them to be stimulating and informational gatherings,” said Dan Heims, President, Terra Nova Nurseries. “Beyond the obvious benefits there is a great amount of networking with breeders and large horticultural interests. If you do any breeding, are a trials manager, or simply interested in the process- come.”
The International Trials Conference, attended by plant professionals and industry leaders from around the world, convenes biannually to share ideas on evaluation strategies, develop trialing standards, and explore the plant characteristics demanded by plant buyers and growers. Its ongoing mission is to encourage the creation of universal evaluation criteria and collaboration among plant trial locations, resulting in more meaningful trial data.
The conference is open to all industry professionals who have interest in plant trialing. Registration is required and is now open at www.farwestshow.com/trials.
For more information
International Trials Conference
Allan Niemi at Farwest
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry
- 2023-03-16 FloraHolland spring trade fair comes to an end
- 2023-03-15 Impression WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-15 Autonomous Greenhouse – Improving Production and Sustainability
- 2023-03-15 US: Sea of colors at the Tulipalooza Festival in North Texas
- 2023-03-15 Busy times at the 2023 Great Lakes Floral & Event Expo
- 2023-03-15 UK: Arena Flowers launches Livestream Shopping shows for flowers
- 2023-03-14 "This way, visitors can explore a whole range of European spring plants"
- 2023-03-14 NL: Excellence Roses certificates awarded, brings total assortment to 66
- 2023-03-14 Grow Pro webinar series lineup released
- 2023-03-13 US (PA): Mercer County Community College Horticulture program wins gold at 2023 Philadelphia flower show with sustainable show-stopping display