Following the successful start of the sales concept “Frag die Pflanze” (“ask the plants”) in fall, in the framework of a pilot project with the fall-mixture of products from horticulture growers Bert Schmitz from Kerken, horticulture Kreisig from Holt, and Hils' potted plants from Lüllingen, as well as a second campaign with house plants of the company Gather & Sohn Gartenbau from Tönisvorst, Landgard is now commencing a marketing offensive to the concept “Frag die Pflanze”, with a new product range designed around the profitable flowerbed and balcony plants.
Following the comprehensive launch of the specialized retail concept in the IPM framework, the feedback from customers and growers was positive throughout. Therefore, the “Frag die Pflanze” now needs to be expanded further. The currently provided product range encompasses a variety of products from several grower companies, among which are ampel petunias, hanging petunias, Surfinia petunias, mix ampels, calibrachoa carneval and one-colored calibrachoa, hanging fuchsias and fuchsias in baskets, osteospermum, sanvitalia and sanvitalia procumbescens, as well as one- and three-colored verbenas. Flowerbed and balcony plants stem from Landgard growers Schmitz, from Danwitz, Dehne, Kuhnekath, Küppers Cremers, Schmidt, Strauss, Verstraelen, Velmans, Weenen, Bosch, Thieße and Welbers. Further mixtures of products will follow in the framework of the concept.
Centerpiece of the concept is the mobile website www.frag-die-pflanze.de, with which the customers of the specialized traders are provided the most important information on plant products. Via a QR code on the plantlabel, helpful information regarding location and care for the respective plants can be looked up by smartphone. The special feature is the voice files, which address the consumers directly. As a result, “Frag die Pflanze” helps consumers to become independent of personal advice in their purchasing decisions.
In calendar weeks 16 up to 18, “Frag die Pflanze” is intensively marketed in specialist shops, on the impost buys of the Cash & Carry markets and through the sales units. In addition, customer posters, vertical banners, bargain flyers and stickers are employed as merchandising.
For more information
Gianna Carbone, Landgard Specialist Store
Customers of Bereichs Fachhandel/Cash & Carry can turn directly to their contact person at Landgard.
- Account Manager – North Germany
- Operational Grower - Strawberries
- Retail Key Account Manager
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
Top 5 - yesterday
- California Spring Trials, day 2
- "Before the official opening, farms are already fighting for budwood"
- US (FL): Scientists warn of invasive plant pest; say early detection, reporting key
- Top-level Dewi-delphiniums from Kenya
- US (NB): Omaha greenhouse experiencing severe worker shortage, delaying planting season
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content
- 2023-02-13 Flowers and plants shine in presentation of 2Dezign at Christmasworld
- 2023-02-10 "Flower Valentine' is becoming a culture in Japan as well"
- 2023-01-31 "The digital product presentation for the consumer is particularly new"
- 2023-01-30 The Shinoda Foundation releases scholarship application
- 2023-01-19 Key Valentine's Day statistics to help you plan your holiday marketing
- 2023-01-18 AU: Cyclamen 'Mother's Halo' for motherless daughters in Australia
- 2023-01-12 "These are the must-have roses for gardeners in the US"
- 2023-01-11 "New about this concept is the digital product presentation for the consumer"
- 2022-10-31 A simple idea to increase online sales
- 2022-10-12 Floriade Expo 2022 prequel to Hortus, a sustainable urban district