- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Growing together: Collaboration is key for Walmart Canada and B.C.'s Rainbow Greenhouses
- Experimental study reveals impact of light spectrum on plant growth
- Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- Kolster presents new label Magical Garden Plants
- KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
Denmark: Stephanotis floribunda in full bloom at Kjeld Hansen
Kirsten Ladegaar Andersen at the Nordic Flower Expo in Sweden.
During the winter months they are growing and preparing the Stephanosis floribunda for the selling season, which is in March, April, May and two months in the autumn. "In the beginning of spring our plants need to be ready; they need to be the desired height of 2 to 2.5 meters", explains Kirsten. Then, a month prior to selling the plants, they will increase the temperature in the greenhouse, which enables the Stephanosis floribundas to develop flowers. "The Stephanosis floribundas are grown in different greenhouses allowing us to stagger the weeks in which we turn up the heat. This enables us to supply plants every week of the selling season", says Kirsten.
The company consists of 10 greenhouses and in 8 of the greenhouses they grow Stephanosis floribunda. In the remaining two greenhouses they grow dipladenia. The greenhouses have a total size of 6.000 m2 and are equipped with the necessary techniques to grow the plants. "Our glass greenhouses are climate controlled, have screens and automatic watering systems. However, inside the greenhouse we do not use many techniques, we only use a potting machine, all other work is done manually", she says.
"Our plants are hand made" lauchs Kirsten. "We propagate our Stephanosis floribunds manually. Every year, we use the cuttings from our best mother plants. We have done this for more then 50 years, which means that the quality of the plants increases every year."
"We are only a small company", says Kirsten. However, this does not affect their scope regarding export. Kjeld Hansen exports to many countries all over Europe.
For more information
Kjeld Hansen ApS
Kirsten Ladegaard Andersen
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."
- 2022-05-05 Vista florist Dos Gringos finds a place in the sun
- 2022-04-29 US (MI): Hall's greenhouse turns 70
- 2022-04-28 Peek inside some of Denmark's major floriculture production companies
- 2022-04-28 A week at The Shropshire Flower Company
- 2022-04-28 UK: Orchid merchant retires over post-Brexit red tape wrangle
- 2022-04-27 UK: "The demand for rosemary and lavender is very strong"
- 2022-04-21 "We want to further consolidate our position in the EU-market"
- 2022-04-20 Ecuador's largest premium rose grower starts growing ranunculus
- 2022-04-19 In memoriam: Rick Donnan