- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
US (CA): New grading system for Golden State Bulb Growers
The grading system was purchased from MAF Industries, a company specializing in manufacturing of grading systems for various types of produce. Significant increases in quality and productivity have been achieved by using this grading system. This has allowed GSBG to effectively keep costs in line in spite of continually rising labor costs and shortages with the ultimate goal of providing the best value to their growers.
MAF custom designed the grading machine to accommodate the handling of the zantedeschia tubers. The system uses advanced camera and software technology to determine the size of each tuber and uniformly deliver it to trays for storage and shipping. This design includes modified deliveries and transition points, use of specialized materials and unique software programming. These features work together to ensure highly accurate sizing without jeopardizing cosmetic quality.
All sections of the machine operate with variable speed drives allowing maximum flexibility in staffing of the system. The machine also has the ability to adjust to tubers with variable quality characteristics. It was designed to adapt to efficiently handle the quality check and re-sizing of product that happens later in the season.
GSBG is currently working on fine tuning their system to be able to handle their other seasonal crops they produce.
For more information
Golden State Bulb Growers, Inc.
3060 Hilltop Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-04-28 "Chain-wide approach prevents revenue loss"
- 2017-04-27 Cargolux again voted Best All-Cargo Airline
- 2017-04-26 Handling imported roses at Veiling Rhein-Maas
- 2017-04-25 Emirates 'hopped to it' for Easter
- 2017-04-24 NL: New DAF truck-combination for Transpa Emmen
- 2017-04-21 United Airlines and Lufthansa Cargo announce joint venture
- 2017-04-20 Nigeria: Ethiopian Airlines celebrates reopening of Abuja Airport
- 2017-04-19 Video: Tulip processing at Dutch grower
- 2017-04-18 NL: Electronic bill of lading will save millions
- 2017-04-14 Large watering trays for Danish trolleys
- 2017-04-13 Schiphol Aviation Awards recognize cargo community
- 2017-04-12 Mandatory batch declaration for exports to US & Canada
- 2017-04-11 Avoid damage from excessive changes in temperature and humidity
- 2017-04-10 Colorful garden plants popular with European consumers
- 2017-04-07 NL: Flowers from China by train, it really happens
- 2017-04-06 With new packaging bouquets on water can be sent throughout Europe
- 2017-04-05 Ethiopian launches two new cargo routes to Europe
- 2017-04-04 Emirates introduces new SkyFresh perishables service
- 2017-04-03 Post Harvest Technology highlighted in this month's Special
- 2016-04-29 Dubai: The global airship hub of the future?