- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
New Marketing Manager for Flowers Canada
“I was attracted to FCO and its marketing role because of the unique marketing challenges and opportunities,” commented Dejan. “There is a multitude of activities that this role is responsible for including oversight of special projects, market research, material development all the while understanding the needs of the Membership and the floriculture sector. Coordinating all of these activities really appealed to my sense of adventure!”
Holding a Bachelor of Business Administration with a focus on entrepreneurship, Dejan has a solid background in business, marketing and project management. Bringing his own take on both organization and optimization strategies, Dejan has launched a number of successful marketing brands and initiatives for his own businesses.
“As the owner of a number of thriving and successful businesses, Dejan has a solid track record for making things grow – no pun intended,” commented Dean Shoemaker, FCO’s Executive Director. “Dejan brings the ability to see the big picture while understanding how all the moving parts fit together and we could not be more pleased that he has joined our team.”
Ted Oorsprong, FCO’s Marketing Committee Chair commented: “FCO’s Marketing Committee is looking forward to working with Dejan and the marketing team. The Committee is confident that Dejan will bring exciting, innovative and creative ideas to the marketing table as well as being able to bring FCO’s marketing projects in on time and on track.”
Flowers Canada (Ontario) Inc. is the provincial trade and professional association of the Ontario floral industry serving the floriculture sector and its Members, greenhouse floriculture producers, for almost 50 years. FCO’s mission is to enhance the profitability and competitiveness of Ontario’s floriculture sector by helping growers address common issues. FCO strives to help growers find solutions in pest management, trade, plant health, research and innovation, human resources, environment, marketing and risk management.
For more information
Flowers Canada (Ontario) Inc.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 US (FL): 72.2-acre nursery up for auction
- 2023-09-28 Italy: Greenhouses devastated by hurricane, 8,000 cyclamens to be saved
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Pymwymic and Horticoop invest in Vivent
- 2023-09-28 VHC takes over WICO Flowers nursery and grows to 24.5 ha santini production
- 2023-09-28 Royal FloraHolland signs letter of intent for Safe Enterprise quality mark
- 2023-09-27 Garden Media Group celebrates 35 years in business
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Managing Director of The Bransford Webbs Plant Company to retire
- 2023-09-27 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-26 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-26 American Floral Endowment appoints new officers
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-26 Three Stimuflori board members say goodbye
- 2023-09-26 Sandra Bechtholt new Keukenhof director
- 2023-09-26 Jon Smits new board member Billigblomst in Denmark
- 2023-09-26 Beekenkamp Group celebrates 1-year anniversary of 'Be Beekenkamp'
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations