Om may 5, CN and America in Bloom announced the recipients of 2015 grants for the CN EcoConnextions From the Ground Up program in the United States. Six communities were selected to receive grants totaling more than $127,000 to create sustainable community greening and beautification projects. Local matches from recipients will bring the total investment to more than $453,000.
CN EcoConnexions From the Ground Up, now in its second year in the U.S., provides opportunities for CN and the communities along its rail network to work together towards shared goals of environmental stewardship.
“CN is pleased to contribute to the projects that will provide environmental, health and social benefits to the communities,” said Claude Mongeau, CN president and chief executive officer. “The projects we’re seeing are outstanding for their scope and creativity. We are proud to be working together for the wellbeing of the communities on our network.”
Successful candidates were chosen based on selection criteria developed and overseen by CN’s program partner in the United States, America in Bloom, which also will provide guidance in the implementation of the selected projects.
“Our excitement about this program continues, and we’re extremely happy to be working with CN on this endeavor,” said Marvin Miller, America in Bloom’s immediate past president and program coordinator. “Together, we’re helping to bring more greening to American communities. We know that quality landscaping is a necessity rather than a luxury, and that green spaces and plants create places that people are proud to call home. ”
Since its launch in the U.S. in 2014, CN’s From the Ground Up program has granted awards to 10 community projects in the U.S. totaling $213,100.
For more information
America in Bloom
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
US: CN and America in Bloom announce 2015 community greening project grant recipients
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 US: Master Nursery Garden Centers recognizes top vendors for 2022
- 2023-03-22 Six million trays sold, new models and expansion of the recycling station
- 2023-03-22 Royal Brinkman and Moleaer expand cooperation in Mexico
- 2023-03-21 Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
- 2023-03-21 NL: Henda Flowers opens new greenhouse
- 2023-03-20 Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- 2023-03-17 Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
- 2023-03-17 AFE introduces their new Friends of Floral Program
- 2023-03-16 Solar panels make up for 50% of the annual energy consumption at DREA
- 2023-03-16 Managing assortment on Floriday improved with supply selections
- 2023-03-16 NL: Stolk G4M Plants introduces Spathiphyllum Jet Diamond
- 2023-03-16 Dutch companies merge
- 2023-03-16 Ian Rasmussen appointed as CEO of Royal Dutch Paardekooper Group
- 2023-03-16 Ugo Conforti appointed as President of Flora Toscana
- 2023-03-16 Floward raises USD156 million
- 2023-03-15 NL: Minister of Agriculture visits Dutch breeder
- 2023-03-15 Dutch nurseries expand partnership
- 2023-03-14 NL: Violets make way for greenhouse allotments
- 2023-03-14 BASF Venture Capital GmbH invests in WayBeyond
- 2023-03-14 Tristram Plants raises over £5000 for Ukraine appeal