The International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) has launched a ‘new look’ competition for the 2016 AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards.
The Awards which recognise the best of the best nurseries from all over the world, organised with founding partner FloraCulture International, invite growers anywhere in the world to enter.
Top ornamental production nurseries that demonstrate best practice in horticultural production can compete for the coveted Gold Rose with entries assessed by an international jury.
New for the 2016 Awards:
There are now three entry categories to suit different types of grower businesses:
• Category 1 – Finished Plants and trees
• Category 2 – Young Plants
• Category 3 – Cut Flowers and Foliage
Any grower association (not just AIPH members) can nominate growers for each category or growers can nominate themselves.
A translation service is provided so entries can be received in grower’s native language.
The Awards will be hosted during IPM Essen in Germany, the world’s leading trade fair for horticulture. This will deliver an even bigger and better venue than ever before for the Awards Gala Dinner which will take place at the Messe Essen in January 2016.
AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe, commented “With a high profile awards dinner during IPM Essen, and new categories and entry options, this year’s awards have now moved up to a new level of importance and profile in the industry. This is the natural next step for this important initiative and I would encourage any grower that believes in what they are doing and believes that they are the best, to enter. This is an opportunity of a lifetime.”
Winning an AIPH International Grower of the Year Award raises the profile of a grower on a global scale and improves its reputation as a leading, high quality nursery. The Awards are also a valuable marketing tool, supported by global coverage from the International trade media.
Past winners testify to the benefits that come from winning an AIPH Award:
• Demonstrate professionalism
• Raise profile
• Get the edge over competition
• Increase customer satisfaction
• Attract new talent and customers
• Boost staff enthusiasm and commitment
• Benefit from a valuable commercial marketing tool
Winner of the Gold Rose in 2014, Peter van de Pol from Schoneveld Breeding in The Netherlands said, “The whole team at Schoneveld were very proud to win the Gold Rose in 2014. Not only did winning this prize give our company international recognition, but it has also provided us with a valuable marketing tool. This international validation of all we are striving to achieve and the recognition by our industry peers means so much.”
Click here for the brochure.
The deadline for entries is Friday, 31 July 2015. Growers wishing to enter are requested to express their interest to email@example.com by Sunday, 31 May 2015.
For more information visit: www.aiph.org/groweroftheyear
- Account Manager – North Germany
- Operational Grower - Strawberries
- Retail Key Account Manager
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
Top 5 - yesterday
- California Spring Trials, day 2
- "Before the official opening, farms are already fighting for budwood"
- US (FL): Scientists warn of invasive plant pest; say early detection, reporting key
- Top-level Dewi-delphiniums from Kenya
- US (NB): Omaha greenhouse experiencing severe worker shortage, delaying planting season
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-30 California Spring Trials, day 2
- 2023-03-30 Megatrend sustainability at Christmasworld
- 2023-03-30 US (CA): Certified American Grown's annual Field to Vase Dinner returns to The Flower Fields in Carlsbad, California
- 2023-03-30 Hilverda de Boer and Jet Fresh Flowers to participate in World Floral Expo 2023
- 2023-03-30 UK: Grower and packer of daffodils recognized for Sustainable Farming Excellence
- 2023-03-29 California Spring Trials kick off
- 2023-03-29 Photo impression: China International Home Flower and Garden Exhibition 2023
- 2023-03-28 Dutch Plantin received Higg certificate
- 2023-03-28 Parisian floristry students visit the Netherlands
- 2023-03-28 Poland: "Green is Life exhibition has always been aimed at two audiences"
- 2023-03-28 Grodan International Propagation Seminar celebrates its 10 year anniversary
- 2023-03-27 Grand opening of Tulip Show at the Shanghai Flower Port, displaying 3 million tulips of over 500 varieties
- 2023-03-24 New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- 2023-03-24 SAF to honor next gen floral pros with new award
- 2023-03-23 Dutch flowers in St. Peter’s Square in Rome
- 2023-03-23 Plantarium|Groen-Direkt’s novelties inspection now also in June
- 2023-03-23 Australia: Protected cropping and soilless farming study tour
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-22 Workshop on breeders rights protection in Mexico for Dutch plant breeders
- 2023-03-22 Roparun Team Royal FloraHolland runs on behalf of entire floriculture sector