West Country Lupins Lupins hadn’t changed much since the introduction of the Russell hybrids back in 1939. Then in 1996 Sarah Conibear from West Country Nursery saw a Channel 4 programme called ‘Bloom’ which featured Lupins and this inspired her to select the best forms and start to propagate them for sale.
West Country Lupins are always a show stopper at Chelsea Flower Show. Bred for uniformity and colour range, West Country Lupins make a great garden plant, as no staking is required. Produced in tissue culture, vigour is evident in production and plants show improved disease resistance. Fairweather’s Nursery is at the forefront of trialling new varieties out of the labs. We continue to assess the West Country Range and have come up with what we believe is a winning collection, showing strength of growth, colour and wow factor. This summer there will be 9 varieties to choose from, ranging from the deep bold colour of Masterpiece to the delicate pink of Blossom.
For more information
Fairweather’s Wholesale Nursery
Tel:+44 01590 612307
Fax: +44 01590 612519
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-17 "May the White Force bloom with you"
- 2022-12-16 "This multi-tasking new Bergenia is a star"
- 2022-12-06 "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- 2022-11-21 Snapdragon “DoubleShot Orange Bicolor F1” wins ASS Award
- 2022-10-03 Major instruction project Alaska botanical garden
- 2022-06-16 Robotics is no ‘quick fix’ to solving labor shortages
- 2022-06-13 US (KY) EHR’s 2022 new varieties report is now available
- 2022-06-09 $10,000 to build flower farm for at-risk youth
- 2022-05-19 The positive effects of gardening on mental health
- 2022-05-18 Banknote roses at Nanchang Banknote Printing Factory
- 2022-05-06 New concept: Hydrangea on a stem
- 2022-04-20 "A wilder messy look and more productive then others already commercial varieties"
- 2022-04-05 Terra Nova Nurseries Introduces Sneak Peeks of Gaura CONFETTI ‘Pink’ and Echinacea CARA MIA ‘Sands’
- 2022-04-05 "Hydrangeas as a harbinger of spring and enrichment of summer"
- 2022-02-14 "Dahlias: the new symbol of love"
- 2022-02-04 "Historic partnership leads to new focal flower"
- 2022-02-01 "More and more, special features also increase the sales of standard products"
- 2022-01-28 Fleuroselect announces Gold Medal winners for 2023
- 2022-01-28 Ebbing-Lohaus kicks off 2022 with newly bred primroses
- 2021-06-16 "The bud patterns are very beautiful and colorful"