- Business Development Manager
- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: "Mother's Day rocked at supermarkets, but potted plants did not perform well"
- US: Byfield greenhouse, scene of a fatal accident, will reopen on Saturday
- Prepping up for the future: challenges now and then
- Court rejects California's blanket approval of pesticide spraying
- Avianca Cargo will bring additional freighters to expand its fleet capacity by up to 70%
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
Spain: MPS GAP certification for Selecta Canarias
A certification with MPS GAP means that all products are safe, sustainably cultivated, high quality and easily traceable products. MPS-GAP certificate requires documentation of which crop protection is used and in which amount and how you work with the crop.
Otto Deient, General Manager at Selecta Canarias, appreciates the work of his staff: “I would like to say thanks to the team of Selecta Canarias for achieving this very important goal together, also thanks to the people who sent me the necessary information and documents which have been asked for to get the certification.”
Selecta Canarias has been founded in 1986 for the production of Pelargonium. After reconstructions in 2009, the production site is now used for critical crops like Solanaceae (Calibrachoa, Petunia) and for keeping the elite clean. From all Southern sites Selecta Canarias holds the highest hygiene standards and has been NAKT Elite certified since 2011. The production site covers an area of 32,000 m; 25,000 m² are used for productions of cuttings and 7,000 m² are used for the elite material. During the peak season 180 employees work at Selecta Canarias and up to 3,000,000 cuttings are produced per week.
You can find more information regarding their mother plants location and their MPS certifications in their flyer “Sustainability is our commitment“.
For more information:
Ms. Hilde Laros
T: +49 (0)711/95325-280
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-27 Portugal: Rovensa acquires biostimulants producer Cosmocel
- 2022-05-26 KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- 2022-05-26 Tanya O’Brien named Sales Operations Manager at Pleasant View Gardens
- 2022-05-26 Ethiopian Airlines to order five 777 Freighters
- 2022-05-26 Growing together: Collaboration is key for Walmart Canada and B.C.'s Rainbow Greenhouses
- 2022-05-26 Dirty LED fittings clean in no time with special cleaning cloth
- 2022-05-25 UK: Jenny Douthwaite is the new president of GIMA
- 2022-05-25 Hillier has become a Government accredited training provider
- 2022-05-25 Discover Mayer's new digital product catalog
- 2022-05-25 USDA releases floriculture estimates
- 2022-05-25 "Together with roses and lilies, chrysanthemums form our top three best-selling cut flower varieties"
- 2022-05-25 Crop scouting app for faster data collection
- 2022-05-25 Clever design shows pot-plant combination and prevents falling over
- 2022-05-24 Fusion Hydrangea from Perlanova wins product competition Garden and patio plants on the Floriade
- 2022-05-24 Farmer-florists collectively building the industry in the United States
- 2022-05-24 The American Horticultural Society (AHS) and national partners launch “the 50 state flower garden project”
- 2022-05-24 Donation to Prinses Máxima Center is the crown on the 160th anniversary celebrations
- 2022-05-24 Celebrate women in horticulture week
- 2022-05-23 US (CO): "We look forward to expanding our nature-based growing solutions"
- 2022-05-23 Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses