- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
Matthias Rhode, Rieger Begonien:
"Begonia: "a large competitor of impatiens and geranium"
"The begonia and especially the double flowered ones are a large competitor of the impatiens and geranium" says Rohde. "In contrast to many geranium and impatiens varieties, the begonia keeps its flowers during times of rough weather. Besides that, there are also begonia varieties that can be placed in full sun without loosing the bright colors of their flowers. "Our Helia line, for example, is a good variety to place outside in the full sun."
The assortment of Rieger Begonien consist of 40 to 50 in- and outdoor begonia varieties that are being grown in a 10.000 m2 sized greenhouse (6500 m2 double glazed and 3500 m2 single glazed) in Germany. The greenhouse is equipped with all necessary modern technologies. "Constantly, we try to come up with new and enhanced varieties that can be placed indoors and outdoors. In 2012, one of our begonia varieties was awarded as begonia of the year; the „Klunker-Heidi“. Lately, we introduced a new scented line. The begonias in this line are only suitable to be placed outside", says Rohde.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 UK: Queen plans to attend Chelsea Flower Show on Monday if she is feeling well enough
- 2022-05-20 Breeder won three awards from the American Rose Trials for Sustainability program
- 2022-05-20 Saffron-Tech opens new growth center in Gaza envelope
- 2022-05-19 Dutch Flower Group supports Fairtrade flowers and workers
- 2022-05-19 UConn supports Connecticut’s greenhouse industry
- 2022-05-19 Miami International Airport named sustaiable cargo airport of the year
- 2022-05-19 Air France-KLM and CMA CGM join forces
- 2022-05-19 "No other double lilies have this kind of pedigree"
- 2022-05-19 Terra Nova Nurseries introduces new Echinacea
- 2022-05-19 '13 million TEU of excess containers in 2023'
- 2022-05-18 Vestaron closes series C funding at $82M
- 2022-05-18 Carrier Transicold crosses milestone, with over 1.5 million refrigeration units sold
- 2022-05-17 Developments in South East Asian horticulture
- 2022-05-17 US (IL): Spring brings flower power to Hardin fest
- 2022-05-17 J. Berry Nursery announces expansion
- 2022-05-17 Veterans offered new nature-based therapy program in peaceful Eden garden
- 2022-05-17 Soil & More Ethiopia: receives award and an important visitor
- 2022-05-16 South African company to invest in tomatoes, flowers and peppers
- 2022-05-16 Physical and digital Dutch Lily Days experience with Lily League
- 2022-05-16 "I don't need to shop around for screens"