Phenome Networks, a software-as-a-service plant breeding management and analytics software provider, announced the availability, beginning May 31st, of its next-generation Phenome One software.
The new version of Phenome One solidifies Phenome Networks’ lead in the plant breeding market, through a novel user interface supporting a simple and intuitive breeding workflow based on years of experience with plant breeders; faster performance; the ability to customize field design, and more. The new version of Phenome One, Phenome One 2.0, is seamlessly integrated with Phenome’s genomics module Unity, enabling managing and analyzing both phenotypic and genotypic data, as well as conducting QTL and GWAS analyses.
Additionally, the company announced new customers selecting its products, including Troya Tohum of Turkey, Tierra Seed Science of India and Erma Zaden of Israel.
“Plant breeding is at the core of what we do at Troya Tohum; we were looking for software that can support a large amount of breeding data, be simple and intuitive to use, and that can provide us with rich analytical capabilities that will help us make better and faster breeding” said Erdem Sirin, Breeder at Troya Tohum. “After checking other options in the market, we became convinced that Phenome One is the best plant breeding software on the market”.
Phenome One’s Breeding Process Management software supports all stages of the breeding process, including germplasm development and pedigrees, designing of breeding fields, manage selections, crosses and observations. Using the system, breeders are able to load their current and historical data, establish and design new breeding trials and fields, collect data from the field to the system using an Android mobile application, and analyze it statistically. Phenome One also scans the data and provides new insights and findings on the data.
Additional features in the new release are faster data uploads, enhanced user security and privilege management, better handling of trait inheritance and more.
The new version also makes it simpler to comply with the Nagoya Protocol that requires tracking and tracing germplasm (genetic material) coming from different countries and sources.
The company also announced that a new and revolutionary module of Phenome One, code-named Crossing Recommendations Tool, is planned for release in Q3 2015. It uses machine learning and an advanced algorithm to support the breeder in making better decisions, and will pinpoint promising selections and crosses that could lead to new and better varieties. In many cases these varieties could not be identified otherwise, mainly because of limitations in the number of physical experiments that can be conducted.
For more information
10 Plaut Street
T: +972 (8) 930-2374
F: +972 (8) 869-4533
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- 2023-03-17 Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
- 2023-03-17 AFE introduces their new Friends of Floral Program
- 2023-03-16 Solar panels make up for 50% of the annual energy consumption at DREA
- 2023-03-16 Managing assortment on Floriday improved with supply selections
- 2023-03-16 NL: Stolk G4M Plants introduces Spathiphyllum Jet Diamond
- 2023-03-16 Dutch companies merge
- 2023-03-16 Ian Rasmussen appointed as CEO of Royal Dutch Paardekooper Group
- 2023-03-16 Ugo Conforti appointed as President of Flora Toscana
- 2023-03-16 Floward raises USD156 million
- 2023-03-15 NL: Minister of Agriculture visits Dutch breeder
- 2023-03-15 Dutch nurseries expand partnership
- 2023-03-14 NL: Violets make way for greenhouse allotments
- 2023-03-14 BASF Venture Capital GmbH invests in WayBeyond
- 2023-03-14 Tristram Plants raises over £5000 for Ukraine appeal
- 2023-03-13 BioSafe Systems celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-03-13 Voshol joins GreenV group to serve consolidating market
- 2023-03-10 US (FL): Royal Van Zanten showcases award winners at WFFSA, Miami
- 2023-03-10 Roobos becomes part of Floral Trade Group
- 2023-03-09 5 years of World Horti Center