RHS plant committee members selected the 20 plants that were considered for the title of 2015 Chelsea Plant of the Year. The range of plants covers edibles, seasonal bedding and shrubs and all are being exhibited to the public for the first time.
All 20 finalists are on show in the Great Pavillion.
Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum Kilimanjaro Sunrise (‘Jww5’). Shrub with an appleblossom pink flush, and young flowers becoming pure white with age. Relatively compact and slow growing. Exhibited by Burncoose Nurseries
Streptocarpus ‘Polka-Dot Purple’. Houseplant with striking white and purple flowers produced for up to 10 months of the year. Exhibited by Dibleys Nurseries.
Salvia ‘Love and Wishes’. Graceful, arching plant producing rich purple flowers with burgundy calyces from May to October. Exhibited by Dysons Nurseries.
Click here to view the other finalists at www.rhs.org.uk.
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum 'Kilimanjaro Sunrise':
UK: RHS Chelsea Flower Show names 2015 Plant of the Year Winners
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- 2023-03-24 SAF to honor next gen floral pros with new award
- 2023-03-23 Australia: Protected cropping and soilless farming study tour
- 2023-03-23 Dutch flowers in St. Peter’s Square in Rome
- 2023-03-23 Plantarium|Groen-Direkt’s novelties inspection now also in June
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-22 Workshop on breeders rights protection in Mexico for Dutch plant breeders
- 2023-03-22 Roparun Team Royal FloraHolland runs on behalf of entire floriculture sector
- 2023-03-22 India: Flower markets bloom amid festive fervour
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry
- 2023-03-16 FloraHolland spring trade fair comes to an end