MPS has formed a special department to handle the increased demand for samples and analyses.This is the result of market demand for more extensive product information in the floriculture of edible flowers, and plants and herbs, among others. MPS has had the necessary expertise for the past six years, due to the MPS-Fruit & Vegetables label supplying detailed product information as standard.
The main task of the Samples & Analysing department is the coordination and processing of the samples and analyses. "It is very feasible that a customer registering with MPS requests a much higher frequency of sampling. We need to quickly be able to process such extra demand”, says manager Market Concepts Fruit & Vegetables Gerrit Jan Vreugdenhil.
MPS Product Proof
MPS is now also working at MPS-Product Proof for the floriculture sector, whereby warranties can be provided to the market at the product level. The expertise amassed with the labels in Fruit & Vegetables allows for quick switching. MPS Proof already has a Reliability Index for example, which is now also to be developed for the floriculture sector.
The aim is to provide a tailored service and to quickly communicate the interpretation of the samples analysis to the requester (with the MPS expertise being applied in order to interpret the analyses). It is a given fact, for MPS, that data derived from sampling and analyses will always be treated with utmost confidentiality. The development of know-how on sampling offers benefits for all links in the fresh food chain.
In providing this service, MPS is taking yet another step in applying its expertise and know-how in the floriculture sector.
For more information
Arjan van der Meer, press representation & communication
T: +31 (0)174-615 724
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We now have full control of our rooting container and substrate"
- KF Bioplants names two new gerbera varieties and Best Grower of 2023
- "May the White Force bloom with you"
- What to expect at the California Spring Trials?
- Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- 2023-03-17 Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
- 2023-03-17 AFE introduces their new Friends of Floral Program
- 2023-03-16 Solar panels make up for 50% of the annual energy consumption at DREA
- 2023-03-16 Managing assortment on Floriday improved with supply selections
- 2023-03-16 NL: Stolk G4M Plants introduces Spathiphyllum Jet Diamond
- 2023-03-16 Dutch companies merge
- 2023-03-16 Ian Rasmussen appointed as CEO of Royal Dutch Paardekooper Group
- 2023-03-16 Ugo Conforti appointed as President of Flora Toscana
- 2023-03-16 Floward raises USD156 million
- 2023-03-15 NL: Minister of Agriculture visits Dutch breeder
- 2023-03-15 Dutch nurseries expand partnership
- 2023-03-14 NL: Violets make way for greenhouse allotments
- 2023-03-14 BASF Venture Capital GmbH invests in WayBeyond
- 2023-03-14 Tristram Plants raises over £5000 for Ukraine appeal
- 2023-03-13 BioSafe Systems celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-03-13 Voshol joins GreenV group to serve consolidating market
- 2023-03-10 US (FL): Royal Van Zanten showcases award winners at WFFSA, Miami
- 2023-03-10 Roobos becomes part of Floral Trade Group
- 2023-03-09 5 years of World Horti Center