- Business Development Manager
- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: "Mother's Day rocked at supermarkets, but potted plants did not perform well"
- US: Byfield greenhouse, scene of a fatal accident, will reopen on Saturday
- Prepping up for the future: challenges now and then
- Court rejects California's blanket approval of pesticide spraying
- Avianca Cargo will bring additional freighters to expand its fleet capacity by up to 70%
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
Buyer's number removed from the plant clocks at Naaldwijk
What consequences will this have?
At the plant auction in Naaldwijk buyers will still hear the current audiosignal when they have made a purchase. For the Remote Buying purchasers of plants at Naaldwijk, the card number will no longer be visible at the same time. Their own card number will be displayed for a transaction and the background will be coloured light green. If a colleague uses the same card number at the same clock, then s/he will also see the card number in his/her screen. It will not be coloured light green. Withdrawn lots will be made evident to everyone by displaying the card number 00000.
The next step
After the plant clocks at Naaldwijk, it's Rijnsburg's turn. A modification in the audio link must be done first, and we are waiting on the auction room technical service supplier. For now, the plant clock in Aalsmeer and the florists clocks in Naaldwijk and Eelde will display the buyer's number. The plant clocks at Aalsmeer require technical modification to enable this change, and we are still examining the effects on the florists clocks of removing the card number.
Effects of removing the card number
The effects of removing the card number from the clock were initially tested with the chrysanthemums and roses. These pilots revealed that it leads to more stable price-setting. The implementation of removing the card number from the clock went well, and there are no indications that unwanted effects will develop.
The New Auctioning
The New Auctioning aims to rediscover the physical clock and the physical marketplace. This must result in a marketplace where members and their customers can conduct transactions effectively and efficiently.
In 2015, FloraHolland is working hard on implementing its vision for the horticultural sector and the associated strategy: 'Flowering the World Together; Planting Seeds of Opportunity for our Members'. In other words, back to the core and focus on the consumer.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-27 Portugal: Rovensa acquires biostimulants producer Cosmocel
- 2022-05-26 KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- 2022-05-26 Tanya O’Brien named Sales Operations Manager at Pleasant View Gardens
- 2022-05-26 Ethiopian Airlines to order five 777 Freighters
- 2022-05-26 Growing together: Collaboration is key for Walmart Canada and B.C.'s Rainbow Greenhouses
- 2022-05-26 Dirty LED fittings clean in no time with special cleaning cloth
- 2022-05-25 UK: Jenny Douthwaite is the new president of GIMA
- 2022-05-25 Hillier has become a Government accredited training provider
- 2022-05-25 Discover Mayer's new digital product catalog
- 2022-05-25 USDA releases floriculture estimates
- 2022-05-25 "Together with roses and lilies, chrysanthemums form our top three best-selling cut flower varieties"
- 2022-05-25 Crop scouting app for faster data collection
- 2022-05-25 Clever design shows pot-plant combination and prevents falling over
- 2022-05-24 Fusion Hydrangea from Perlanova wins product competition Garden and patio plants on the Floriade
- 2022-05-24 Farmer-florists collectively building the industry in the United States
- 2022-05-24 The American Horticultural Society (AHS) and national partners launch “the 50 state flower garden project”
- 2022-05-24 Donation to Prinses Máxima Center is the crown on the 160th anniversary celebrations
- 2022-05-24 Celebrate women in horticulture week
- 2022-05-23 US (CO): "We look forward to expanding our nature-based growing solutions"
- 2022-05-23 Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses