The summer flower season has arrived so lots of outside grown flowers come on the market. Sellers Mike Duivenvoorden and John van Oosten always find this a special time of year.
John: ‘The supply is always larger in the summer than in the rest of the year, as a lot of Dutch, outside grown flowers are available. It is also a challenge for us: the clock finishes later, supply will come later in the logistics, it's an every day challenge to get everything out in time.‘
‘There is much more variety in the summer and there are always new and special products,’ Mike says. ‘But it's always a question of when the flowers are available. Flowers of the land have to endure more of the weather and the weather conditions will accelerate or reduce production. In the greenhouse you have more control.’
Every day HIP checks the quality of the deliveries. The flowers from the greenhouse are not affected by weather conditions and due to the constant temperature, often grow better than the flowers outside. While these also are of good quality nowadays.
Daily quality check
HIP has good contact with the growers. ‘Many growers want to work with us because we are willing to promote their products to our customers,’ John says. ‘We also work ahead as much as possible and we think with the growers to improve their business. We give each other advice. That way we grow stronger and wiser together. And ultimately that is obviously in the interest of our customers!‘
‘Customers know that we provide a good service’, according to Mike. ‘We are always available, which is important in our business. And of course we provide good quality at a good price.’ John: ‘We will do everything possible to help customers grow their business. We see our customers as partners and want to grow together. That’s why "together we are strong" is our motto!’
Both salesmen prefer to see the summer flowers in a fresh bouquet. With some raw flowers which you see changing every day. They also like a simple bouquet of summer flowers with mainly one type of flower. For example, with peonies or sunflowers. Magnificent in its simplicity!
For more information:
Holland Indoor Plants
PO BOX 1105
1430 BC Aalsmeer
T: +31 297 388 300
F: +31 297 388 310
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content
- 2023-02-13 Flowers and plants shine in presentation of 2Dezign at Christmasworld
- 2023-02-10 "Flower Valentine' is becoming a culture in Japan as well"
- 2023-01-31 "The digital product presentation for the consumer is particularly new"
- 2023-01-30 The Shinoda Foundation releases scholarship application
- 2023-01-19 Key Valentine's Day statistics to help you plan your holiday marketing
- 2023-01-18 AU: Cyclamen 'Mother's Halo' for motherless daughters in Australia
- 2023-01-12 "These are the must-have roses for gardeners in the US"
- 2023-01-11 "New about this concept is the digital product presentation for the consumer"
- 2022-10-31 A simple idea to increase online sales
- 2022-10-12 Floriade Expo 2022 prequel to Hortus, a sustainable urban district
- 2022-09-22 How to build an on-demand flower delivery app like Floward?
- 2022-09-08 India: Kerala smells a change, flowers bloom on farms