Philips Horticulture LED Solutions, a provider of LED lighting solutions for the horticulture industry, has appointed three key people to strengthen its Floriculture business: Marielle de Jong as global marketing manager, Greg Lonergan as key account manager US, and Wim Steeghs, key account manager Benelux. These new hires underline the ongoing investment that Philips Horticulture LED Solutions is making in new products and markets.
Marielle de Jong – Van Leeuwen has grown up in the Floriculture environment as daughter of a lily grower. She built her expertise in this market, working as key account manager at the world famous flower auction in Aalsmeer and later as area/marketing manager at the Flower Council which main goal was to promote Dutch floriculture to other countries. For the past five years, de Jong has worked as an independent marketing consultant to international import/export organizations. She will be responsible for developing the Floriculture marketing strategy based on market trends, insights and technological developments.
Greg Lonergan, a certified horticulturalist, previously worked as technical sales agronomist for ICL Specialty Fertilizers and as territory manager for The Scotts – Miracle Grow Company. In addition, he served as regional extension specialist to the Turf and Ornamentals and Specialty Agriculture Industries with Virginia Tech for more than 10 years. Lonergan has an extensive background in horticulture, having owned and operated a successful wholesale and retail greenhouse/nursery operation. He received a B.S. in Horticulture from Virginia Tech and possesses a Certified Crop Advisor certification from American Society of Agronomy and a Nutrient Management Planner license.
Wim Steeghs received a B.S. in Horticulture from the University of Applied Sciences in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands and has been working in floriculture for almost 25 years as a grow specialist, strategic specialist and technology specialist. As grow consultant at Buro Meeuws and his own consultancy company, Steeghs developed strategic business and technology plans for companies setting up production facilities for rose and gerbera production. As co-founder of Stadium Grow Lighting, he developed solutions for growing grass in football stadiums based on lighting applications. As an entrepreneur, Steeghs also has extensive experience in emerging countries in Africa on how to establish floriculture facilities for propagation and production.
“Philips Horticulture LED Solutions has grown rapidly in the past years due to our holistic approach. We bring in plant specialists with a deep understanding of specific crops and growing conditions, application engineers who understand LED technology and lighting design, and key account managers who know how to develop economically feasible plans for growing facilities,” says Udo van Slooten, manager of Philips Horticulture LED lighting. “With the addition of Marielle, Greg, and Wim to an already solid group of knowledgeable individuals, we’re building a team that allows Philips Horticulture to be more responsive to the needs of growers and further develop Philips leadership position as a true partner in innovative LED solutions.”
Royal Philips, the 'global leader' in lighting products and technology for more than 100 years, has been at the forefront of innovative LED technology for a wide range of consumer and commercial applications. As part of the company’s leadership in horticulture LED, Philips continues to significantly invest in LED research and collaborate externally with higher education facilities and research institutes. This emphasis on research as well as ongoing expansion of the Horticulture team demonstrates Philips commitment to continue leading the horticulture industry as the innovative LED solutions partner.
For more information
Philips Horticultural LED Lighting
Global Marcom Manager Horticulture
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
- 2023-03-21 NL: Henda Flowers opens new greenhouse
- 2023-03-20 Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- 2023-03-17 Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
- 2023-03-17 AFE introduces their new Friends of Floral Program
- 2023-03-16 Solar panels make up for 50% of the annual energy consumption at DREA
- 2023-03-16 Managing assortment on Floriday improved with supply selections
- 2023-03-16 NL: Stolk G4M Plants introduces Spathiphyllum Jet Diamond
- 2023-03-16 Dutch companies merge
- 2023-03-16 Ian Rasmussen appointed as CEO of Royal Dutch Paardekooper Group
- 2023-03-16 Ugo Conforti appointed as President of Flora Toscana
- 2023-03-16 Floward raises USD156 million
- 2023-03-15 NL: Minister of Agriculture visits Dutch breeder
- 2023-03-15 Dutch nurseries expand partnership
- 2023-03-14 NL: Violets make way for greenhouse allotments
- 2023-03-14 BASF Venture Capital GmbH invests in WayBeyond
- 2023-03-14 Tristram Plants raises over £5000 for Ukraine appeal
- 2023-03-13 BioSafe Systems celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-03-13 Voshol joins GreenV group to serve consolidating market
- 2023-03-10 US (FL): Royal Van Zanten showcases award winners at WFFSA, Miami