This year’s HTA National Plant Show, held at Stoneleigh Park on 23 and 24 June, is delighted to be the host of the Breakthrough Breast Cancer Rose Launch. Joined by Pop Idol judge and RHS Chelsea Flower Show host, Nicki Chapman, she will launch the rose and talk about why this project is important to the garden industry and consumers. Peter Hull from Nursery Fresh will then give a brief overview of how they got involved with Breakthrough and talk about the rose and how it will raise money for the charity. The launch will be taking place in the seminar area on Wednesday 24 June at 1pm. The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Rose will be used to decorate the seminar area throughout the day.
Every day over 135 women are diagnosed with breast cancer. It is only with continued funding that Breakthrough Breast Cancer are able to invest in vital breast cancer research that ensures these women, and all others diagnosed with breast cancer, receive the best possible treatment. The rose will make a significant difference to the lives we are able to save. It is possible within 35 years to stop all women dying from breast cancer. This will be an incredible achievement, but it is only possible with continued fundraising support. Breast cancer has already taken too many lives. It’s time to put an end to it.
The Breakthrough Rose will be available to purchase at the show with a £1 donation given to the charity for every rose purchased.
For more information
Horticultural Trades Association
19 High Street
T: +44 (0)118 930 3132
Fax: +44 (0)118 932 3453
NGGV: +44 (0)118 930 2092
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
with Nicki Chapman
UK: HTA National Plant show to host Breakthrough Breast Cancer Rose Launch
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- 2023-03-24 SAF to honor next gen floral pros with new award
- 2023-03-23 Australia: Protected cropping and soilless farming study tour
- 2023-03-23 Dutch flowers in St. Peter’s Square in Rome
- 2023-03-23 Plantarium|Groen-Direkt’s novelties inspection now also in June
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-22 Workshop on breeders rights protection in Mexico for Dutch plant breeders
- 2023-03-22 Roparun Team Royal FloraHolland runs on behalf of entire floriculture sector
- 2023-03-22 India: Flower markets bloom amid festive fervour
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry
- 2023-03-16 FloraHolland spring trade fair comes to an end