- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
André Martin, AGRIPOLYANE:
Special polyfilm for Kenyan rose growers
Nelly Hdoubane and Andre Martin of Agripolyane at the IFTEX in Nairobi, Kenya.
Diffusion of light
According to Martin, the presence of micro bubbles in the multilayer film allows a perfect diffusion of the light without decreasing PAR (Photosynthesis Active Radiations). "In standard films, the diffusion is obtained by adding mineral charges which also reduce the PAR." said Martin.
"A bicolor that shows good contrast between colors."
The micro bubbles are generating a cooling effect in the greenhouse. It can decrease the temperature by 6 to 8°C. The bubbles in the middle layer of the film reflect the heat. This prevents the greenhouse from warming up at midday. "It means: less greenhouse effect during the day, so lower temperature, less stress for the plants, better growth, and, last but not least, better working conditions for the employers." said Martin.
"The films are manufactured with high level of EVA, which increases thermic effect", says Martin. Therefore, the films are very suitable for greenhouses located in high altitude, facing cool nights during some periods of the year.
Greenhouse covered with ClimaColor film.
Two films for Kenyan rose growers
The two films of AGRIPOLYANE that were on display at the IFTEX in Nairobi were the the ClimaRose 3th and the ClimaColor 3D. Both films have a anti dust layer, IR, cooling and thermic effects. The film of ClimaRose 3th is yellow, blocks UV light and is high sulphur resistant.The film of ClimaColor 3D is white and blocks UV light.
Both films are also available in 200 mµ and Anti Drip. Besides that, AGRIPOLYANE offers a 36 months life guarantee under the East African climate.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-23 $8 million year-round greenhouse proposed for Wanderers Grounds
- 2022-11-22 Make an offer! Greenhouse Floriade Almere for sale
- 2022-11-22 UK: Heating system explodes on Essex farm, setting greenhouse on fire
- 2022-11-14 EU4AGRI project helps Serbian grower modernize greenhouse
- 2022-11-11 Canada: Tulip bulb forcing farm rebuilds from ground up
- 2022-11-02 Turkey: 3 million flowers will be used to decorate streets of Antalya during winter time
- 2022-11-01 Winter flower production started in Cankaya municipality greenhouses in Türkiye
- 2022-10-31 Take a peek inside Willoway Nurseries' greenhouse
- 2022-10-31 Studio Odile Decq completes a 'green pavilion' greenhouse in paris
- 2022-10-28 Colombia: Flores El Capiro expands with 28 ha and invests in solar panels
- 2022-10-26 Dimmable LED lights save phaleanopsis grower lots on energy costs
- 2022-10-25 Dutch companies open HortiDemoCentre in partnership with Stellenbosch University
- 2022-10-24 Why does condensation happen on your plants?
- 2022-10-17 US (MA): Firefighters battle large blaze at Sudbury greenhouse
- 2022-10-14 US (OH): Greenhouse facility for sale
- 2022-10-13 Growing crops with ETFE as glass replacement
- 2022-10-10 The sixth project at the garden center sees a glass-roofed extension added
- 2022-10-06 Due to sanctions from the Netherlands, Russia turns its focus to Türkiye for phalaenopsis sourcing
- 2022-10-05 Carnations grown in restored greenhouses in Burdur, Turkey ready to be exported
- 2022-10-05 US (NH): New Ipswich farmers move family greenhouse to their homestead