- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
9-11 September in Padua:
Italy: More Innovation, eco-technologies and aesthetic quality at Flormart 2015
Flormart focuses on new contents and on attracting foreign buyers to reaffirm its leading position among the Italian floriculture B2B trade fairs, confirmed last year by the participation of 18,000 professional visitors and 350 exhibitors, and to make a significant contribution to the growth of the green sector in Italy.
In the 66th edition of the international horticulture and gardening trade show of Padua, to be held from 9 to 11 September 2015, innovation, eco-technologies and aesthetic quality will be the main focus among the floriculture exhibitors as well as the participants of green design and management field, in the belief that these are three crucial factors for the competitiveness of the sector.
In the vast program of Flormart 2015 the most innovative plants, flowers, technological products and sales methods will be selected and awarded the “nova_green” prizes and will receive a logo as acknowledgement for excellence. There will be the debut – following the success of Christmas Flower Trends last fall in Pescia (in Tuscany) at Mefit ('Mercato Fiori Piante Toscana’) – of the event “Master Flower – Autumn Winter Trends” organized by the diADE adv. team. In this occasion, members of major floral schools will be invited to perform live in the completion of floral compositions inspired by the trends of the moment and themes defined by diADE based on aesthetic and commercial criteria, with the aim of giving useful tips for increasing sales to the plants and flower professionals visiting Flormart. In this event the logic of the fashion industry will be applied to the commercialization of plants and flowers to stimulate the entire floricultural sector by means of the added value of aesthetic and stylistic factors. Aesthetic qualities and creative freedom will have further weight in the exhibitions by important artists of international vegetal design, an increasingly practiced and stimulating branch of contemporary art, which will take place during Flormart 2015 in the pavilions of the fair. The names of the three artists will be made public in a press conference.
Furthermore, from this year, in order to emphasize the role of green landscape, biodiversity, sustainability, health and better living conditions in urban centers, there will be a new international contest in landscape architecture, Flormart Garden Show. This initiative is open to architects, green project studios, students, producers of flowers and ornamental plants, green management businesses and cultural associations. The application deadline is 15 June and project delivery till 30 June. The contest is divided in two sections: the first is reserved for projects that have been completed and the second section is reserved to projects for temporary gardens of 48 m² which will be completed at the fair in September for Flormart 2015, capable of emphasizing the importance of the green technologies for inserting nature in urban environments. Apart from the three monetary prizes for each section, the project that wins the prize of the second section will be completed in Parco Europa and will be the first public vertical garden in Padua. To apply to the contest, supported by the Ministry of Environment, the Italian Association of Architects and Uniscape, it is enough to fill in the form on www.flormart.it/eventi/flormart-garden-show and send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This contest will be thematically linked to the international forum Expo ECOtechGREEN, a Paysage’s initiative supported by Topscape magazine which will deal with various aspects of green technology. There will also be a focus on urban green 2015 promoted by Il Verde Editoriale including "La città per il Verde" award and a meeting on urban gardens, farm parks and other forms of urban farming.
It is worth mentioning that Agrienergy, a trade show dedicated to renewable energy sources, wood sector and energy saving technologies promoted by Legambiente and its magazine La Nuova Tecnologia, will be back. There will also be "Flormart in campo", an area for testing agricultural and gardening machineries and tools. Prizes Oroflor and Flormagazine will be attributed by the press to horticultural products that stand out for quality.
At Flormart 2015 there will also be two training events organized by Green Line for managers of garden centers and a workshop on "Safety management of protected crops". Phytoremediation, the use of plants for the purification of water, is another theme which will be discussed in a national symposium organized by ANBI (Associazione Nazionale dei Consorzi di Gestione Tutela del Territorio e delle Acque Irrigue), Unione Venete Bonifiche e ARGAV (Associazione Giornalisti Agroambientali di Veneto e Trentino Alto Adige). The theme is of pressing actuality for the calls of the European Union to Italy, guilty of poor wastewater reuse, as recently reported also by the “Struttura di missione contro il dissesto idrogeologico e per lo sviluppo delle infrastrutture idriche #italiasicura” (mission against hydrogeological instability and for the development of water infrastructure #italiasicura) of Italian Government.
In terms of trade relations with foreign countries, Flormart 2015 can count on the participation of 50 major foreign buyers already confirmed. Thanks to PadovaPromex two buyers from each of the following countries have been invited: Germany, Indonesia, Morocco, Poland, Russia, Sweden. Another 15 buyers from Azerbaijan, Great Britain, France and the United Arab were acquired thanks to the support of Ice (Italian agency for business promotion abroad). The cooperation with the Italian chambers of commerce in Switzerland, Tunisia and Turkey has been confirmed, for the selection of 13 buyers in those countries. Other synergies have been developed with Paysalia, a trade fair in Lyon organized by GL Events, and with Tunis’ international fair, Kram. In general, about 2,000 B2B contacts between buyers and participants are expected at the fair.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 Fresh Park Venlo business club delves into ornamental plant auction and fairs 2.0
- 2022-12-06 "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
- 2022-12-02 AIPH announces finalists for the second Young International Grower of the Year Award
- 2022-12-01 Review of relationship day growers' cooperative Touch Me+
- 2022-11-30 UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- 2022-11-29 The Bloom Show: blooming down memory lane
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-28 HTA announces 2023 Ornamental Grower of the Year Awards date
- 2022-11-28 NL: Trade Fair Naaldwijk 2023 = Trade Fair Rijswijk in 2023
- 2022-11-28 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-25 Winners of the TASPO Awards 2022
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-23 Presentation of market study on opportunities in Mexican ornamental plants and flowers sector
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 #GivingTuesday supports beautiful flowers in 2023
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-23 Japan: 5 million LEDs make Ashikaga Flower Park a show-stopper
- 2022-11-23 US (TX): Irrigation design workshops set December 13-15 in College Station
- 2022-11-22 US (IA): Noelridge Greenhouse to host tropical-themed holiday event in December
- 2022-11-22 Impression Schoneveld Cyclamen Open Days