- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: GrowSave took part in AHDB Horticulture technical seminar
The drive to reduce energy costs can lead to higher relative humidity in the growing environment. This in turn can lead to ‘soft’ plant growth, induced nutrient deficiencies and promote the development of fungal diseases. Attendees to this seminar heard how to balance these demands and the potentially game-changing impact of the Renewable Heat Incentive that can deliver very low cost heat. Topics covered included:
Relative Humidity/Humidity Deficit/ Dew-point Temperature
What do they really mean?
Get the fundamentals right
Learn to love your measuring box
A uniform climate is key
Plant and disease response to humidity
How does humidity impact the plant
How do humidity measurements relate to plant/disease development?
The problems of high and low humidity
Renewable Heat Incentive
Could low-cost heat turn your business upside-down?
To view the presentation slides please click here (PDF).
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-22 "Most growers confuse energy saving with transparency"
- 2022-11-18 "A painted heating pipe emits 10% more heat"
- 2022-11-17 Full control of the amount of light in the greenhouse
- 2022-11-17 What does circular greenhouse horticulture mean for horticulture businesses?
- 2022-11-16 “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- 2022-11-14 VB signs contract for installation geothermal heat project Maasdijk
- 2022-11-11 35% savings on electricity costs through LED grow light system
- 2022-11-09 Sealed greenhouses: worth the investment?
- 2022-11-04 UK: Energy bill relief scheme guidance for CHP
- 2022-11-04 NL: High gas price or additional The Hague policy? Which reduces greenhouse horticulture emissions the most?
- 2022-11-03 Dutch strawberry growers can just about start using solar boilers to heat their greenhouses
- 2022-11-02 European food producers vexed by energy price increases
- 2022-11-01 WUR demonstrates more economical cultivation in greenhouse without gas: 'Grower's heat requirement can halve'
- 2022-10-24 Council chiefs could lower temperature inside iconic glasshouse in Leamington to cut costs
- 2022-10-20 NL: Some growers became 'rich beyond belief' by selling gas contract
- 2022-10-18 "Closed water systems that reuse drain water help overcome sodium obstacles"
- 2022-10-17 ecoligo raises €10 million investment from FRV-X to drive energy transition
- 2022-10-17 Royal FloraHolland: Energy reports update
- 2022-10-14 Is Cogen right for you?
- 2022-10-13 Save time and energy with water-based pipepaint