IGC East is a trade exhibition and conference for independent garden center retailers and will be held from 4-6 August 2015 in the Baltimore Convention Center in Inner Harbor in Maryland, USA. Owners, managers and buyers come to see thousands of new products, meet with hundreds of established and rising-star suppliers, attend inspiring keynotes and educational sessions covering every aspect of the business and exchange ideas with legions of fellow professionals.
Left: Martha Stewart, Middle: Lloyd Traven, Right: Robert Hendrickson.
Each morning before the IGC Trade show floor opens, a keynote speaker will give a 50 minute seminar. On Tuesday August 4th. Martha Stewart, founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and Emmy Award-winning television show host, entrepreneur and best-selling author, will talk about the good things of independent gardening. The next day, grower and owner of Peace Tree Farm, Lloyd Traven will speak. His talk, titled “Bringing Your Awesome Every Day”, will focus on how retailers can rejuvenate their passion for the horticulture industry and share it not only with their fellow employees but also to their customers. The final day, Thursday August 6th, Robert Hendrickson, a Retail Realist will talk about the importance of telling a story in the marketing strategy of garden centers.
Click here to see more on the talks at www.igcshow.com
Click here to register (for free) at register.rcsreg.com
For more information
IGC East 2015
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
4-6 August, 2015 in Baltimore Convention Center:
US (MD): Keynotes each moring before the IGC Trade show floor opens
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- 2023-03-24 SAF to honor next gen floral pros with new award
- 2023-03-23 Australia: Protected cropping and soilless farming study tour
- 2023-03-23 Dutch flowers in St. Peter’s Square in Rome
- 2023-03-23 Plantarium|Groen-Direkt’s novelties inspection now also in June
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-22 Workshop on breeders rights protection in Mexico for Dutch plant breeders
- 2023-03-22 Roparun Team Royal FloraHolland runs on behalf of entire floriculture sector
- 2023-03-22 India: Flower markets bloom amid festive fervour
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry
- 2023-03-16 FloraHolland spring trade fair comes to an end