Five reasons Cornell Floriculture Field Day is the must-attend event of summer:
- New! Cornell Alumni and Friends reception. Come to Ithaca, NY an evening early for the 2015 alumni and friends event at the gorgeous Cornell Plantations visitor center. The event features appetizers, New York wine and jazz.
- Armitage and Konjoian kickoff the morning program. Dr A will talk about some of his favorite annuals, perennials and veggies for the landscape. Peter Konjoian will inspire you to consider making the switch to greenhouse vegetables.
- Edibles featured in trials. New to the annual flower trial beds at Bluegrass Lane are patio vegetables, mixed flower and edibles containers, and a trial of retail potting mixes.
- Cut flowers in high tunnels. Chris Wien presents on several years of research growing cut flowers in fields and high tunnels. Attendees can also visit the nearby cut flower high tunnel research facility.
- Cornell Dairy ice cream. The afternoon ends with our annual ice cream social. You’ll have to show up to find out which flavors are featured this year.
More information and online registration for both events is available at www.greenhouse.cornell.edu
Click here for the schedule (PDF).