- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Farmer-florists collectively building the industry in the United States
- New construction for PanAmerican Seed Europe begins
- Fusion Hydrangea from Perlanova wins product competition Garden and patio plants on the Floriade
- Celebrate women in horticulture week
- ‘Must-have’ houseplant to add property value
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
Numbers FloraHolland June
More to offer, more auction days, bigger sales
The price of cut flowers decrease slowly
This year the cut flower offer is considerably higher 888,2 million peduncles (+6,5%) than 2014. The average price of €0,20 was 1 cent lower compared to last year and 2013. The peony season started on time this year. Last year it started too early. The peony had a sales increase of 42,5%, but dropped to €0,34. Spray chrysanthemum dropped 6 cents in price. At 5,6% more peduncles increased the price of the lily until €0,45. Gerbera dropped 1 cent at 13,1% more import. The price of lisianthus stayed at 14%. Freesia increased in import (+15,4%) and 1 cent in price (€0,15).
Bigger offer, higher prices for houseplants
The houseplants increased with 3 cents to €1,63 and offer 9% more than June 2014. The Phalaenopsis offer increased with 9% and the average price dropped 2 cents. The average price of the Kalanchoe dropped 6 cents to €0,70 at 11,6% more sold pieces. With a 4,1% bigger import the hydrangea increased 35 cents and ended on €2,48. The biggest climber is Calla (+19%) and also increased 6% in price. Also the greenplant Ficus had a great sales increase with almost 6% more pieces was the price €0,39 higher than 2014. Campanula had a small increase of 28 cents (€1,33) this was slightly better than June 2014.
More pieces of garden plants, higher prices
6,7% more sold pieces than 2014 after more sun and garden hours. The average price increased with 13% to €1,13. Rose and geranium stayed behind in import compared to last year. Hydrangea dropped slightly in offer with (-2,3%) and increased in 26% in price. The biggest climber in import was the Dianthus (+62), increased 8% in price.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-25 Economic analysis of carnation cultivation in India
- 2022-05-25 Richbar Golf and Gardens is celebrating two important occasions
- 2022-05-25 Introducing Superbells Prism Pink Lemonade Calibrachoa
- 2022-05-25 A new cultivation system for flower bulbs to make them more resistant to diseases and pests
- 2022-05-19 Sundaville celebrates the 20th anniversary
- 2022-05-18 Introducing: Matthiola StoX
- 2022-05-06 What makes a better hibiscus?
- 2022-05-05 Photo report: Dutch Spring Trials
- 2022-05-04 Delbard French roses grown in South Australia
- 2022-04-29 People behind the Peonies: 100 years of data with Sarah Gizzi
- 2022-04-29 Syngenta Flowers launches new self-service order entry platform myFiora
- 2022-04-28 "Plant Variety Rights have a significant positive impact on European Union’s economic growth and environmental sustainability"
- 2022-04-27 China: "Shenzhen Flower Show under the pandemic brings more hope"
- 2022-04-26 UM researcher and American colleagues discover new genus of plants
- 2022-04-26 Tagetes “Dropshot" finds its way to Michelin-starred restaurant
- 2022-04-20 Singapore names orchid after New Zealand PM to mark visit
- 2022-04-12 "Everybody loves to touch its unique blooms"
- 2022-04-11 Learn more about dianthus; breeding, novelties, arrangements
- 2022-04-05 California Spring Trials 2022 in 100+ pictures
- 2022-04-05 Suntory's blooms shine at Grammy Awards