- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Adinda Blokker, Chrysal;
Flower nutrition for every flower at any stage
The flowering room
Flowers need nutrition. Maybe with a bit of sugar the flower remains longer in the vase. But if you take a look into Chrysal's catalogue you will see it is a bit more difficult than that. Adinda Blokker is a trade marketer at the company: "Every flower needs good care in every phase. The flowers need to be protected against ethylene or leaf destruction. These things are important for the grower. To keep their quality in the store, flowers need good nutrition because they need to blossom at the consumer's home. The assortment is extended with universal flower nutrition and nutrition for specific kind of flowers (rose nutrition, tulip nutrition and lilac nutrition).
There are more of these businesses, but they are no competition for Chrysal. Blokker says there is a simple explanation:"We provide the highest quality and the longest blossom time guaranteed. Moreover Chrysal is the only company with a wide range of nutrition for roses, tulips, bulb flowers, lily, alstroemeria, daffodils, bouvardia and lilacs." Chrysal published a few timelapse videos on their website, so you can see the effect from the nutrition.
Timelapse Chrysal BVB Plus
Timelapse Chrysal Bouvardia
To get the flower nutrition to the customer, the company also provides training, marketing, support, audits, takes care of the blossom tests and advises its customers. Also there is a lot of cooperation with pot and water conservation. For underneath the pot there is a aqua pad, it is a wood viber mat that holds the water. "For that mat we worked together with Modiform en Flier and also Dymak. Dymak developed tailor-made pots that the Chrysal Aqua Pad fits right in. Another recent project is cooperation with Pure Seasonal Flowers, we developed a label with care tips for (summer) flowers that can be attached to a bouquet. We also developed an inline dosing system. This system automatically doses the nutrition for large numbers of bouquets.
Chrysal will introduce high quality and different shapes of floral foam in August. Chrysal Floral Foam Elite shapes. "we guarantee maximum shelf life. This foam is easy to cut and doesn't drip. There are many more projects to come, but we will keep these to ourselves for a while."
1411 DD Naarden
T: +31 (0)35 69 55 888
F: +31 (0)35 69 55 822
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Mealybug Management: how to manage this pest
- 2022-11-24 "Start early with crop protection against root diseases"
- 2022-11-23 US (FL): Banker plants effective for managing thrips on roses
- 2022-11-21 US (OR): New Extension website helps solve pest and disease problems
- 2022-11-10 No crop in the greenhouse? Keep monitoring!
- 2022-11-10 "Air pollution threatens natural pest control"
- 2022-11-09 UV light trap catches male and female tomato looper
- 2022-11-08 Spotted lanternflies, a new invasive species, poses threat to Bloomington businesses and agriculture
- 2022-11-07 Colored sticky traps for monitoring phytophagous thrips and their impact on beneficial insects
- 2022-11-07 Asperello gains approval in Denmark and Morocco
- 2022-11-03 Crop protection innovations: Who will give the final push in the right direction?
- 2022-11-02 Phytophagous mites and their management on ornamental plants
- 2022-11-01 November pest of the month: whiteflies
- 2022-11-01 Australia: two pest alerts issued
- 2022-10-26 Predatory stink bug vs. southern green stink bug
- 2022-10-26 Hawai: Advancements in drone technology aid in rescuing rare cliff-dwelling plants
- 2022-10-25 UK: revised policy to release beneficial insects into protected structures
- 2022-10-20 AgBiome receives approval for new fungicide
- 2022-10-19 "Each insect has its own odor, and the dogs will always notice"
- 2022-10-19 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”