- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants - Italy
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- Mayte Grazia receives own rose: 'The Most Beautiful'
- White LEDs: a cost-effective alternative to red and far-red LEDs
- Van den Bos Flowerbulbs and Penning Freesia join forces
- "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Martine van Went on the distribution of gerbers at the Florist
Netherlands: Increasing popularity for frost resistant gerberas
Martine van Went, in a show greenhouse during the FlowerTrials.
"The company is one of the biggest on the market, breeding and increasing the gerberas," says Martine van Went, marketing manager at Florist. During the FlowerTrials the company showed visitors a large collection of plants: large and small types, gerberas out of seed and tissue breed and different types of cut flowers and potted plants. "We have four leading segments in cut flowers," says Van Went: "regular, mini, pomponi and piccolini. The potted plants have the difference of inside and outside plants. Flori Line is our kind of seed for potted plants. It's known for the shiny colors and bi colors. Sundaysz seed is for compact plants with double flowers, suitable for terraces and balconies. And of course the frost resistant garvinea seed, it blossoms from early spring until winter time."
A florist made these recordings with a special drone during the FlowerTrials
The garvinea is special. The company have won different awards for it since 2009. "It worked to make a new strong, disease resistant and frost resistant type of gerbera. You can't compare it with the regular Gerbera jamesonii. The genetic material is way different than known types on the market. Garvinea is still in development so our expectations are high. This year, Florist Holland will bring the new generation garvinea's on the market. These types have a bigger flower and polychrome colors. Florist offers this season a new type of starting material for grower and retailer."
The market is mostly Dutch, but also Italy and Japan breed gerberas. The important increasing part finds place at KF Bioplants in India, the joint venture between Florist Holland B.V. and Kumar Group. "KF Bioplants features top facilities to produce quality products and a fast and efficient way for Florist Holland to provide for the world market."
Florist has some news. They will build 1 ha extra at Dwarsweg in Aalsmeer in the future. "We have a lack of space. We need this area to optimize our activities, win efficiency and cut costs." The expected delivery is around spring 2016 and the production location will have a total of 5,5 ha.
For more information:
Florist Holland BV
Martine van Went
1430 AA Aalsmeer
T: +31 (0)297 328229
M: +31 (0)6 517 594 79
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-20 Bulacan's ornamental plant industry gets an S and T boost
- 2022-09-19 Use of nuclear techniques for breeding ornamental plants
- 2022-09-16 US (VA): Business is blooming at Stonecrop Farm
- 2022-09-16 Feeding the soul: Violet Maston shares love of flowers at Sweet Violet Farm
- 2022-09-09 “Current demand for cyclamen is low but I expect it to increase soon”
- 2022-09-08 Illegal trade threatens India's protected Orchid species
- 2022-09-05 Induction of 2n pollen with colchicine during microsporogenesis in Phalaenopsis
- 2022-09-05 Wyevale Nurseries launches new non-climbing ivy at Four Oaks Trade Show
- 2022-09-05 Ornamental bananas as a new crop looks promising
- 2022-09-01 "Judging varieties in State and County Fairs or in our AAS Trials"
- 2022-08-30 Farwest Show voting attendees choose Nightfall Snowbell as People’s Choice winner at New Varieties Showcase
- 2022-08-29 Morel presents 10 novelties in cyclamen
- 2022-08-29 Colombia: Chrysanthemum Week ready for take off
- 2022-08-25 Farwest Show judges choose Nightfall Snowbell as best in show at new varieties showcase
- 2022-08-24 Fresh-cut dahlias now available year-round from Alexandra Farms
- 2022-08-24 "Chamblee rose nursery has the true fragrant rose variety"
- 2022-08-22 State set to be Swayampurna in marigold production
- 2022-08-19 How a rare Colombian flower is cultivated with Indigenous know-how
- 2022-08-19 The journey of an AAS winner from seed to garden
- 2022-08-17 Discovery and characterization of novel fertile triploids and a new chromosome number in Caladium