- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Martine van Went on the distribution of gerbers at the Florist
Netherlands: Increasing popularity for frost resistant gerberas
Martine van Went, in a show greenhouse during the FlowerTrials.
"The company is one of the biggest on the market, breeding and increasing the gerberas," says Martine van Went, marketing manager at Florist. During the FlowerTrials the company showed visitors a large collection of plants: large and small types, gerberas out of seed and tissue breed and different types of cut flowers and potted plants. "We have four leading segments in cut flowers," says Van Went: "regular, mini, pomponi and piccolini. The potted plants have the difference of inside and outside plants. Flori Line is our kind of seed for potted plants. It's known for the shiny colors and bi colors. Sundaysz seed is for compact plants with double flowers, suitable for terraces and balconies. And of course the frost resistant garvinea seed, it blossoms from early spring until winter time."
A florist made these recordings with a special drone during the FlowerTrials
The garvinea is special. The company have won different awards for it since 2009. "It worked to make a new strong, disease resistant and frost resistant type of gerbera. You can't compare it with the regular Gerbera jamesonii. The genetic material is way different than known types on the market. Garvinea is still in development so our expectations are high. This year, Florist Holland will bring the new generation garvinea's on the market. These types have a bigger flower and polychrome colors. Florist offers this season a new type of starting material for grower and retailer."
The market is mostly Dutch, but also Italy and Japan breed gerberas. The important increasing part finds place at KF Bioplants in India, the joint venture between Florist Holland B.V. and Kumar Group. "KF Bioplants features top facilities to produce quality products and a fast and efficient way for Florist Holland to provide for the world market."
Florist has some news. They will build 1 ha extra at Dwarsweg in Aalsmeer in the future. "We have a lack of space. We need this area to optimize our activities, win efficiency and cut costs." The expected delivery is around spring 2016 and the production location will have a total of 5,5 ha.
For more information:
Florist Holland BV
Martine van Went
1430 AA Aalsmeer
T: +31 (0)297 328229
M: +31 (0)6 517 594 79
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 All-America Selections presents new regional winners for 2022
- 2022-01-21 Kenya: A peek into United Selections open days
- 2022-01-19 Torenia Vertigo; starting 2022 with a win
- 2022-01-18 What's in a peony name: Sarah Bernhardt, Alexander Fleming and Shirley Temple
- 2022-01-17 Outdoor cyclamen bred for the hot and dry Mediterranean climates
- 2022-01-13 Australia: Iconic flower's genetic puzzle revealed
- 2022-01-13 Six new AAS national winners for 2022
- 2022-01-11 Three new videos present Lazzeri's poinsettia 2022 assortment
- 2022-01-10 Taiwan: New orchid variety bred for ease of cultivation
- 2022-01-10 Suñorita rose garners American Rose Society’s Award of Excellence
- 2022-01-07 Beekenkamp Plants introduces superstar 'Kayla Red' in new poinsettia catalogue
- 2022-01-07 Gene discovered crucial to making crop plants produce clonal seeds
- 2022-01-05 "Why are we breeding such ugly flowers?"
- 2021-12-24 Kenya: Roses and alstroemerias on display at open days United Selections
- 2021-12-23 Growth and physiological responses of seagrape seedlings to salt stress
- 2021-12-17 'A lovely, rare, and updated version of our popular Pulmonaria ‘Raspberry Splash’'
- 2021-12-17 Proven Winners Calycanthus earns Green Thumb Award
- 2021-12-16 “Danziger’s approach to innovation is in the breeding"
- 2021-12-14 “Relocating our breeding from the US to Ecuador has greatly benefited our customers”
- 2021-12-03 Texas hibiscus breeder honored