- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
France: Fleuroselect’s 46th Annual Convention held in the Loire region
View the drone video below.
The field and container trials showed highlights from the flower and vegetable ranges. A large selection of the trial was dedicated to the recent Fleuroselect winners. The current new entries and comparisons were studied by the delegation and in particular the Fleuroselect judges. A Graines Voltz speciality range of Bertrand Flower Seed Mixtures for urban plantings formed a key element of the Convention’s theme which looked at the highly successful French model for urban flowering.
Benefits of Urban Vegetation
“Access to nature and green spaces in urban environments contributes directly to public health by reducing stress, encouraging physical activity, improving the living environment and enhancing the general feeling of wellbeing. Furthermore, green islands and parks play an essential role in preserving biodiversity.” The delegates heard this conclusion from the French green research center Plante et Cité regarding their study on the Benefits of Urban Vegetation.
Nantes, trendsetting in urban flowering
Seeing theory put into practise, the delegates toured the splendid city of Nantes. Starting at the highly popular Botanical Garden (Jardin des Plantes), the delegates could admire 167 squares replanted twice yearly showing all the flowering plant species available for use in decorating the parks of Nantes. Delegates were shown how car parks in the city are being moved underground and replaced with green spaces and roads have given way to planted pedestrian areas. The Africa-inspired flower beds of the Abolition of Slavery Memorial were particularly moving and lead the way to the île de Nantes where the Heron Tree with its hanging gardens promises to bring more flowers to the city.
Seed study & control
At GEVES, the French Group for Study and Control of Varieties and Seed, the delegation gained further insight in the testing and requirements for registration and protection of new varieties. The Organisation also showed how quality control and seed analysis is performed and introduced the delegates to current research projects into plant DNA.
Pro-Veg Seeds joins Fleuroselect
The UK based breeder and supplier Pro-Veg Seeds was accepted as a full member during the Annual General Meeting. Owner John Burrows supplies flower and vegetable seeds to professional growers, trade, plant raisers and packet seed companies. Additionally, the company breeds patio tomatoes and sunflowers.
Three Novelties for Ducrettet
Following the results from the biennial trials 2014-15, Fleuroselect extends an Approved Novelty to three varieties from the French breeder and distributor Ducrettet: Bellis perennis Bellina, Bellis perennis Melbella Salmon and Myosotis sylvatica Savoie Rose. Approved Novelties need to be sufficiently new and uniform and are protected from reproduction by a gentlemen’s agreement among the membership.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Agronomy and Horticulture seminar series begins in February
- 2022-01-25 Research on urban gardening (RUG) 2022 virtual field day
- 2022-01-24 Webinar about special Collaboration on IPM in the Chrysanthemum Sector
- 2022-01-24 New Gold Medals to be revealed via Livestream
- 2022-01-24 Provender Nurseries and Capel Manor College reveal garden design competition winner
- 2022-01-24 UK: Defra urged to respect levy vote result
- 2022-01-21 US (FL): TPIE is coming to an end
- 2022-01-20 Penn State Extension hosts greenhouse growers day
- 2022-01-20 Extension classes teach green industry topics to become nursery worker certified
- 2022-01-20 Saudi city dwellers get back to nature on Riyadh floriculture tour
- 2022-01-18 US (FL): TPIE is about to take off
- 2022-01-18 UK: Horticulture, The conference - save the date
- 2022-01-14 A virtual, open discussion about the Floral Marketing & Promotion Order
- 2022-01-14 Upcoming Webinar – Priva's BioLogics for Plant Growth
- 2022-01-13 HortEx Vietnam rescheduled to 1 – 3 March 2023
- 2022-01-13 New partnership to increase skills and talent in Canada’s agrifood sector
- 2022-01-12 Eden Project will be setting for Sky Arts competition
- 2022-01-12 TPIE is happening in person
- 2022-01-12 Rose Parade: FTD decorates vintage cars with 8,000 flower stems
- 2022-01-12 World Expo 2020 Dubai highlights Dutch horticulture technique