- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dutch young plant producer Plantise quits
- Royal Van Zanten takes over activities of Armada Breeding
- US (MN): Volunteers help at Lynde Greenhouse after massive fire
- Comparing the benefits of white and black groundcover in hot climate environments
- Zendaya Anthurium dress helps the flower grow in popularity
Top 5 -last week
- ‘Global floral trends and the strategy of Japan’
- 'Greenhouse with future' opened by HilverdaFlorist
- LA based company, Verona Roses, shakes up the market for preserved flowers and personalization
- Acrotelm and wood fiber as alternative to peat
- Tangchao – Activities at Benary's fourth breeding center moving fast in China
Top 5 -last month
Ralph de Boer, Rosa Flora:
"Cogen makes “good earth sense and good business"
In 1991, Rosa Flora implemented the first two Cat G3516 generator sets in their greenhouse operation to provide a flexible supply of electrical power for lighting and an economical source for heating water. As they experienced great results with these two installations, the growers installed additional gensets simultaneously with the expansion of their acreage. Nowadays they have 4 generators with a capacity of 2 Mw each.
"Cogeneration helps us to produce flowers in the most sustainable way possible," said Rosa Flora's Ralph De Boer. "We transform natural gas into electricity and heat; two of the most important things that we need to produce our flowers year round. At the same time, we have a permit to deliver the electricity that we do not need back to the grid, which makes it a very interesting technology for us as well."
At the beginning of this year, after their strong recovery from the devastating fire, the Dunville based cut flower grower announced the expansion of their Lisianthus and Snapdragon production. According to grower Ralph de Boer, the expansion demands a well thought out energy strategy in their production.
"Especially the lisianthus is a crop that demands a lot of heat, year round. Even during the warm summers we have our cogens running in order to make sure that the lisianthus are growing in the climate that it prefers. During the winter months we also use the additional biomass boilers to heat our greenhouses. Thanks to three large heat storage tanks, we are able to run the gensets or boilers individually at the desired moment, to make sure that we produce as efficiently as possible."
For more information on Rosa Flora: www.rosaflora.com
For more information on CAT CHP's in Canada: www.toromont.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-04 EnviroCrops app – a decision support tool for the biomass sector
- 2022-09-29 Photosynthetic brand launched by Rift Labs
- 2022-09-29 The pros en cons of cool nights in greenhouses
- 2022-09-29 Chrysanthemum grower Van Paassen chooses PARperfect climate screen
- 2022-09-29 UK: HTA comment on 'mini-budget'
- 2022-09-27 CHP systems offer growers more flexibility
- 2022-09-27 RAYN software available for growers' computers to control crop illumination
- 2022-09-23 White LEDs: a cost-effective alternative to red and far-red LEDs
- 2022-09-22 "In Belgium, the greenhouse sector is bearing the brunt of the energy crisis"
- 2022-09-21 Cultivation-oriented climate for carnations through Climalux LED grow light system
- 2022-09-19 Circulation fans for a uniform temperature for potted roses
- 2022-09-16 Quarter of energy-intensive Dutch companies in red figures
- 2022-09-15 The Netherlands could, if needed, gradually shut the gas off
- 2022-09-14 Using coatings to save energy
- 2022-09-13 Call to return to oil-heated greenhouses in Belgium
- 2022-09-12 Cavity screen saves energy without major system modifications
- 2022-09-07 Changing abstraction licenses into permits – NFU response
- 2022-09-07 Mobile calculation container replaces boiler for greenhouse heating: 30% reduction in gas consumption
- 2022-09-05 Energy crisis empties Dutch greenhouses
- 2022-08-31 "The energy situation really worries us as a small nursery"