- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Farmer-florists collectively building the industry in the United States
- New construction for PanAmerican Seed Europe begins
- Fusion Hydrangea from Perlanova wins product competition Garden and patio plants on the Floriade
- Celebrate women in horticulture week
- ‘Must-have’ houseplant to add property value
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
Flores de Exportación:
Costa Rican flower export company relocates to Guatemala
Company manager Fernando Altmann Weston said that complications with Costa Rican agencies regarding legal requirements and local regulations made the company’s owners decide to leave.
“It’s not just a cost issue,” Altmann said, adding praise for Costa Rica’s workforce. “It is a matter of excessive red tape and frequent delays by government agencies responsible for issuing permits.”
He said permits are quicker to get and valid for longer time periods in Guatemala.
The Costa Rican Chamber of Exporters (CADEXCO) lamented Florexpo’s decision in a public statement, confirming company exec’s problems with red tape.
The Cartago-based company will deliver its last shipment of unrooted cuttings from Costa Rica on April 1, 2016, which Altmann hopes will give employees enough time to find new jobs.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-25 Clever design shows pot-plant combination and prevents falling over
- 2022-05-25 Hillier has become a Government accredited training provider
- 2022-05-25 Discover Mayer's new digital product catalog
- 2022-05-25 USDA releases floriculture estimates
- 2022-05-25 "Together with roses and lilies, chrysanthemums form our top three best-selling cut flower varieties"
- 2022-05-25 Crop scouting app for faster data collection
- 2022-05-25 UK: Jenny Douthwaite is the new president of GIMA
- 2022-05-24 Donation to Prinses Máxima Center is the crown on the 160th anniversary celebrations
- 2022-05-24 Celebrate women in horticulture week
- 2022-05-24 Fusion Hydrangea from Perlanova wins product competition Garden and patio plants on the Floriade
- 2022-05-24 Farmer-florists collectively building the industry in the United States
- 2022-05-24 The American Horticultural Society (AHS) and national partners launch “the 50 state flower garden project”
- 2022-05-23 US (CO): "We look forward to expanding our nature-based growing solutions"
- 2022-05-23 Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses
- 2022-05-23 UK Floward hired new executive to accelerate growth
- 2022-05-23 Royal Brinkman makes stronger Australian Team
- 2022-05-23 Ronald Moerings Foundation meets at VDE plant
- 2022-05-23 Robotic beehives might be the answer to declining bee populations
- 2022-05-23 GardenChoice reveals two new additions to Dianthus line
- 2022-05-23 Alan Down appointed as HTA Vice-President