- Business Development Manager
- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: "Mother's Day rocked at supermarkets, but potted plants did not perform well"
- US: Byfield greenhouse, scene of a fatal accident, will reopen on Saturday
- Prepping up for the future: challenges now and then
- Court rejects California's blanket approval of pesticide spraying
- Avianca Cargo will bring additional freighters to expand its fleet capacity by up to 70%
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- OptiBoost sees commercial breakthrough in retail, taking technology worldwide
- Colombia: "The main challenge this year is to meet the demand"
- China: New pot flower production greenhouse complex blooming in Jinan
- “The unusual flower color is the obvious attraction”
Major topic at Summer Flower Event 2015:
Netherlands: Finding and regaining the customer
From left to right: Ivo van Orden, Jan Poels, Rob Veenman, Danny van Bergenhenegouwen, and Peter Houden.
According to van Bergenhenegouwen, the challenge lies in 'making more connections with the customer'. "We need to show the seasonal products. The consumer needs to be attracted by this assortment and needs to accept that it is not available year round." Grower Peter Houden agrees with this, but emphasizes the quality of the product. "Growers like us need to supply the most beautiful products and customers need to realize that flowers are living products. In order to realize this, children need to be confronted with flowers intensively." Jan Poels added: "It all starts with passion."
André and Dorien of kwekerij Westendorp awarded by Jan de Boer, The Meesterteler awards.
The Meesterteler Award, is a prize for the most promising product. Kwekerij Westendorp won this award for their helleborus. According to the judges, this flower scored well on various aspects. Kwekerij Westendorp also won a prize for the most distinctive product in the delphinium category.
Johan Bos parodieerde, a la Nico Dijkshoorn, het zojuist beëindigde tefelgesprek.
Chairman of the event Arnold Hordijk
All visitors shared the same opinion: Flowers are masterpieces. For this reason the 31st edition of this even took place in an old church. "You need an appropriate setting for masterpieces," explains Arnold Hordijk, chairman of the event.
For more information about the Zomerbloemen Event: www.nzbt.nl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-27 National Plant Show’s new plant awards - sustainability at the forefront
- 2022-05-27 Cariboo nursery celebrates 65 years in bloom
- 2022-05-26 UK: Demonstrating the importance of peat bogs and the environmental damage at the exhibition
- 2022-05-26 Registration for the program of the IPM Summer Edition now starting
- 2022-05-26 These are the finalists and judges for Young International Grower of the Year 2022
- 2022-05-26 UK: HTA and APL members win big at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- 2022-05-26 Beijing Florascape: Flower consumption has changed to personalized development of multiple varieties
- 2022-05-25 US: Florist received Local American Awards in three regions
- 2022-05-25 US (IL): The Gardens at Ball to take place in West Chicago
- 2022-05-25 Commencing today: Agritechnica Asia & Horti Asia
- 2022-05-25 UK: A Greenfield-based greenhouse manufacturer is exhibiting at the Chelsea Flower Show
- 2022-05-25 UK: Kennett Blooms Floral Flash will feature thousands of blooms artfully arranged by floral designers
- 2022-05-25 US: The 5th annual Sunflower festival at Fair Grove farm will feature 30,000 sunflowers
- 2022-05-24 India: Two-day flower show in Srinagar begins on the 20th of May
- 2022-05-24 The Deadline for SAF's Marketer of the Year Contest is approaching
- 2022-05-24 Dream Foundation raised more than $140,000
- 2022-05-23 Chelsea flower show 2022: Plant of the Year
- 2022-05-23 The results of the first round of voting for the Glazen Tulp Award have been announced
- 2022-05-23 Drag Queen Sissy Lea opens the Garden of Exaggerated Beauty at Capel Manor Patron’s Day
- 2022-05-20 US: University partnership to explore pollinators