During the winter and spring, Dr. Robert McMahon of Ohio State ATI lead a class of future greenhouse managers in a study of the effects of replacing 400W HPS lights with 155W TotalGrow™ Broad Grow Spectrum Light fixtures.
These LED-based lights were set up to use 20-25% lower PAR light intensities along with the drastic decrease in power consumption.
Data collected from the resulting bedding plant growth indicated equal or better growth rates and quality even at the reduced light intensities to accompany the increased lifespan and decreased power consumption.
Click here to read the entire report (PDF).
For more information
Venntis Technologies, LLC.
1261 S. Waverly Rd.
Holland, MI 49423 USA
T: +1 616.395.8254
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Potted Anthurium in Greenhouse 2030, a whole year without plant protection products
- 2023-03-20 "You want to see how much water is in the tank, not how much isn't"
- 2023-03-20 How growers boost crop yields with greenhouse film EVO AC®
- 2023-03-16 "The system accurately and consistently places interlocking trays on a pallet"
- 2023-03-15 Trial and error in Dutch greenhouse: Can autonomous systems work well together?
- 2023-03-15 A new way of growing with dynamic LEDs
- 2023-03-13 Essential oils prolonged the cut carnation longevity
- 2023-03-09 US (IL): Pennycress crop research continues at Western Illinois University
- 2023-03-09 USAF cavitating ultrasonic transmitters now also available in 115 volts
- 2023-03-09 An Italian innovative system for managing hydroponic crops
- 2023-03-07 Model calculates temperature down to the square centimeter
- 2023-03-03 "Automatic nutrient measurement is ready to be put into practice"
- 2023-03-02 Changing the cover of a greenhouse without affecting production
- 2023-03-01 “Environmental control is the biggest limiting factor at most cultivation facilities”
- 2023-02-28 How to clean seeds without using chemicals
- 2023-02-27 Maintenance-friendly UV sanitizer thanks to 'crossfire' effect
- 2023-02-24 New flexible far-red light for application based growing
- 2023-02-20 "Be prepared for the next winter with proactive end-of-season maintenance"
- 2023-02-20 "4G real-time smart sensor has high communication stability in international transportation"
- 2023-02-17 Dehumidification technology can help greenhouse growers reduce energy costs