On the first day of the Plantarium event, on August 26, plants, stands and concepts were awarded. Below are the winners. The plantarium is currently being held in Boskoop, the Netherlands and will last until August 29.
Best New Plant Award - Hydrangea macrophylla 'Ruby Tuesday'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Ruby Tuesday' (MAGICAL RUBY TUESDAY) by De Jong Plant BV from Boskoop has won the title of Best New Plant at Plantarium 2015. MAGICAL RUBY TUESDAY is a striking, compact and above all robust plant with sturdy flowers in a distinctive and highly appealing colour, according to the Royal Boskoop Horticultural Society jury. Click here see which companies received a gold, silver or bronze medal.
Best Green stand - J.G. Cammeraat vof and Retail Experience Shop selected as
The stand by J.G. Cammeraat vof from Boskoop was selected as the best Green stand at Plantarium 2015 by the jury of the Royal Boskoop Horticultural Society. The Retail Experience Shop by TPK Media & Events from Nieuwstadt was awarded this title in the Suppliers category. Boomkwekerij Koningstuin from Helenaveen won the second prize. Click here to read the complete press release.
Press Award - Hydrangea macrophylla Music Collection® and Cosmos bipinnatus 'Xanthos'
Cosmos bipinnatus 'Xanthos' by Van Hemert & Co Seeds from Hazerswoude won the Plantarium Press Award in the Garden, balcony and patio plants category. In the Concepts category, this award went to Hydrangea macrophylla Music Collection® by De Jong Plant BV from Boskoop. Click here to see the second and thrid place winners.
For more information: www.plantarium.nl
- Account Manager – North Germany
- Operational Grower - Strawberries
- Retail Key Account Manager
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
Top 5 - yesterday
- California Spring Trials, day 2
- "Before the official opening, farms are already fighting for budwood"
- US (FL): Scientists warn of invasive plant pest; say early detection, reporting key
- Top-level Dewi-delphiniums from Kenya
- US (NB): Omaha greenhouse experiencing severe worker shortage, delaying planting season
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-30 Dümmen Orange farm in Embu celebrates 40th anniversary
- 2023-03-29 VB and Vogelaer sign contract for second geothermal plant
- 2023-03-29 Interplant Roses signs agency agreement with Agroall in Brazil
- 2023-03-29 "We started from scratch in terms of name, but certainly not in terms of experience"
- 2023-03-29 Cannova Casa opens door for Canna as houseplant
- 2023-03-28 PLNTS acquires another company
- 2023-03-28 Why AgriForce wants to acquire Berry People
- 2023-03-28 NL: Green'05 moves to new headquarters location
- 2023-03-28 UK: Garden Centres offers free seeds in partnership with Let It Grow
- 2023-03-27 Danish Ellepot celebrates 30 years in business
- 2023-03-27 NL: Dümmen Orange sells part of De Lier facilities to HouwenPlant
- 2023-03-27 UK: Yorkshire plant nursery hosts senior politicians to discuss industry challenges
- 2023-03-27 Lynch Group mulls China flowers future
- 2023-03-22 US: Master Nursery Garden Centers recognizes top vendors for 2022
- 2023-03-22 Six million trays sold, new models and expansion of the recycling station
- 2023-03-22 Royal Brinkman and Moleaer expand cooperation in Mexico
- 2023-03-21 Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
- 2023-03-21 NL: Henda Flowers opens new greenhouse
- 2023-03-20 Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- 2023-03-17 Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares