Not just selling a plant, but creating an experience. According to different market specialists, this is the future. For this reason IPM Essen introduced a new trade fair: hortivation. It will be held in Kalkar, Germany, parallel to the Flower Trials.
The hortivation will show new and innovative marketing and selling concepts. According to the organizers, horticulture can profit from societal trends such as communication, fashion and lifestyle and can implement them in all-encompassing solutions for the point of sale. New sales promotions for the green sector will be presented at the fair. Also Dümmen Orange will present one of their concepts, namely My Grace. "But it can also encompass regionally cultivated herbs which should not be missing from the next purchase of a barbecue grill. Or spotted balcony plants which harmonize perfectly with the garden apron in a polka dot design or the vegetable bed on the roof of a high-rise building where salad is planted for the company's own canteen." At the fair, garden centres, retail business, discount retailers, DIY stores, the retail food trade and producing horticulture will be supplied with fresh ideas and selling concepts, extending across different ranges for the point of sale.
This conceptual fair perhaps sounds a bit vague, but the organizers expect to attract around 200 exhibitors. The exhibitors can include growers, breeders, manufacturers of horticultural technology and garden equipment like outdoor furniture and grills. "We will impart new fields of action outside the sector to specialized and system trade in order to market green products closer to the desires of the consumers in the future. So, the combination of greens with outdoor products can be of high importance to increase the sales."
Bringing the sector closer together
The aim of the hortivation is bringing gardeners, traders and consumers closer together. It will present how the green sector can learn from the trends such as communication, fashion, cuisine and lifestyle and can exploit the currents directly for itself. hortivation in the early summer will be an additional range of information on offer with the focus on marketing and thus an ideal supplement to IPM ESSEN at the beginning of the year, explained Oliver P. Kuhrt, CEO of Messe Essen GmbH. For this reason, lectures and workshops will be organized how the trends can be linked with green products in a concrete way. "The fair will thus promote innovation along the entire value added chain in horticulture."
The hortivation will take place from 13 - 15 June 2016.
For more information: www.hortivation.de
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
13-15 June 2016 in Kalkar, Germany:
hortivation: all about concepts and experience
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry
- 2023-03-16 FloraHolland spring trade fair comes to an end
- 2023-03-15 Impression WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-15 Autonomous Greenhouse – Improving Production and Sustainability
- 2023-03-15 US: Sea of colors at the Tulipalooza Festival in North Texas
- 2023-03-15 Busy times at the 2023 Great Lakes Floral & Event Expo
- 2023-03-15 UK: Arena Flowers launches Livestream Shopping shows for flowers
- 2023-03-14 "This way, visitors can explore a whole range of European spring plants"
- 2023-03-14 NL: Excellence Roses certificates awarded, brings total assortment to 66
- 2023-03-14 Grow Pro webinar series lineup released
- 2023-03-13 US (PA): Mercer County Community College Horticulture program wins gold at 2023 Philadelphia flower show with sustainable show-stopping display