- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants - Italy
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- Mayte Grazia receives own rose: 'The Most Beautiful'
- White LEDs: a cost-effective alternative to red and far-red LEDs
- Van den Bos Flowerbulbs and Penning Freesia join forces
- "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Illumitex LED Lights put on Penn State University greenhouse
Penn State’s College of Agriculture Sciences awarded its first degrees in 1876, and currently offers 17 undergraduate minors and graduate programs in 18 major areas. The college invests nearly $97 million in research and graduate study yearly.
Having access to Illumitex’s advanced LED technology will benefit both the research and teaching missions of the university. Plant Science researchers will be able to conduct precise experiments under ideal light conditions year 'round, and students in courses with greenhouse culture components will be able to hone their horticultural skill set, growing under cutting-edge LED crop lighting.
“These lights will significantly expand opportunities for research and learning in our greenhouse facility,” says Scott DiLoreto, greenhouse manager for the College of Agricultural Sciences, which has approximately 3600 enrollees. “We installed LED fixtures in several densities. In some greenhouses we are providing sufficient supplemental illumination to grow ornamentals and vegetables well through the dark winter months. In other houses we installed higher density fixtures to really push the growth of high-light research crops, such as beans, corn and rice.”
Penn State had a single small installation of Illumitex LED lighting for a few years, which demonstrated the efficacy of LED technology in the college’s greenhouses. When the time came for a major crop-lighting upgrade, DiLoreto knew he wanted to replace their HID lighting with LED technology.
“In addition to the energy savings associated with LED lighting, we needed a linear ‘strip’ style LED to provide uniform illumination over growing surfaces. Our greenhouses have relatively low gable heights, and it was very difficult to provide uniform illumination with HID lighting — there were hot spots and cold spots,” says DiLoreto. “The ES2 strips provide the uniform illumination we are looking for.”
Illumitex finds particular reward in working with universities.
“It’s an honor for us to work with such a prestigious university,” says Paul Gray, VP of Horticulture Lighting Solutions and Senior Horticulture Scientist. “It’s truly gratifying to know our lights will help shape the minds of future horticulturists.”
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Ln.
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
T: +1 512-279-1828
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-23 No damage to Kingpeng greenhouse after hurricane Fiona
- 2022-09-23 The National Horticulture Foundation commemorates Phil Cialone
- 2022-09-23 "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- 2022-09-23 West Hancock FFA chapter receives $1,500 donation for greenhouse plants
- 2022-09-23 Van den Bos Flowerbulbs and Penning Freesia join forces
- 2022-09-23 "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
- 2022-09-22 Hoogeveen Plants celebrates opening of new location
- 2022-09-22 Fresh blood from outside and a wider range of unusual houseplants at Dynaplant
- 2022-09-22 CEA developing rapidly in China
- 2022-09-22 Trish Owczarek joins Hopman Flower Farms
- 2022-09-22 Smart irrigation collaboration results in new grower-trained watering technology
- 2022-09-22 Raspberry tree gives 'back-friendly harvest'
- 2022-09-22 Phalaenopsis grows in the desert of Inner Mongolia, and market demand is increasing
- 2022-09-22 "This certificate helps promote sales"
- 2022-09-21 USDA announces facility certification for sanitation protocol for Geranium cutting production
- 2022-09-21 Hoogendoorn commemorates passing of company's founder
- 2022-09-21 Sollum expands dynamic LED grow lights range
- 2022-09-20 P. Nelis up and running within a week
- 2022-09-20 “Tillandsias are amazing living sculptures, used in the most various ways”
- 2022-09-20 Beekenkamp Group launches phase 3 of new building in ‘s-Gravenzande