From 9 to 11 September in PadovaFiere, the 66th edition of the international fair of floriculture and gardening offers many ideas for florists and flower shops. In "Master Flower - AW Trends" (curated by Anneclaire Budin of diADE adv), florist schools of Federfiori, Florcert and Mastrofioristi will demonstrate their flower arrangements based on four sources of inspiration for autumn-winter 2015-16. In the "Green Art" area there will be an exhibition by vegetal artist Emy Petrini, a video by Makoto Azuma and Alessandro Tinelli, and an introductory overview of some of the greatest vegetal designers in the world. Admission is free and reserved for professionals.
The new edition of Flormart offers creative inspiration and business ideas for anyone involved in the presentation and/or sales of flowers to consumers, with special attention for florists and flower shops. Flormart reconsiders the floriculture and gardening supply chain as a unitary system: from producers of ornamental plants and cut flowers to garden centers, florists, private gardeners, designers and managers of public green spaces.
From Wednesday 9 to Friday 11 September the fairgrounds PadovaFiere, for the 66th edition of the historic international fair of floriculture and gardening will become, under the artistic care of Anneclaire Budin, art director of diADE adv with a degree from the École des beaux Arts in Paris and ten years of experience as fashion designer and visual artist, a laboratory of new floral trends and a showcase of the leading names of the so-called vegetal design or art. An area which goes beyond – but without forgetting - the contents and the boundaries of traditional floral decoration, and interacts on one side with land art, on another side with photography and video art and yet on another side with fashion.
At Flormart 2015 there will be in fact the debut of the event "Master Flower - Autumn Winter Trends", organized by diADE adv, led by Anneclaire Budin and marketing expert Andrea Vitali, in collaboration with the director of Mefit (Mercato Fiori Piante Toscana – città di Pescia) Fabrizio Salvadorini. On this occasion, prominent florists of three of the four major Italian florist schools will perform live, without prizes at stake or competitive intentions, in the realization of floral compositions inspired by the trends and themes for the autumn winter 2015-2016, defined by diADE on the basis of both aesthetic and commercial criteria with the aim of giving useful tips for increasing sales to the plants and flower professionals visiting Flormart. In this event the logic of the fashion industry will be applied to the commercialization of plants and flowers to stimulate the entire floricultural sector by means of the added value of aesthetic and stylistic factors.
Each school will have one of the three days at Flormart (from 10 a.m to 5 p.m.) to create two compositions of plants and flowers for each of the four inspirations offered to professionals visiting Flormart in the "Catalog of AW15 trends" by diADE: the first composition with a medium-low target price, and the second one with a medium-high target price. On September 9, the master florists Rudy Casati and Antonio Trentini of Florcert, on September 10, master florists Silvano Erba and Francesca Buriassi of Federfiori and on September 11, master florists Stefano Boscolo and Cristian Vanzetto of Scuola Internazionale Mastrofioristi are scheduled to make their performance.
The sources of inspiration for next autumn-winter, formulated by Anneclaire Budin on four trend tables that also contain some colors taken from the "Fashion Color Report Fall 2015" by Pantone, are the following: "Invasions", centered on the almost tropical exuberance of nature, even out of context, but lightened and made autumn-like by the color Biscay Bay; "Nordic Cool", in which the soft lights and essential geometry of the northern landscape are animated by the vibrations and vitality of clouds in cashmere pink; the color "Marsala" as a vehicle for exploration and encounter with others under the insignia of sensuality and mystery; lastly, "Luci primarie" of the so-called primary colors of painting, always in vogue, presented in the artificial and dynamic scene of a discotheque.
The vegetal design showcase will consist of the "Green Art" space, curated by Anneclaire Budin, divided in three areas. First, an exhibition by Emy Petrini, an important Italian vegetal artist that studied floristry at the Welsh College of Horticulture in Northop and now operates on the border between floral art, land art and fashion. Two of her botanic sculptures/installations, "The big nest" and "Volcano", will be exhibited, and also a series of photographs documenting her work by Beatrice Speranza, a photographer with whom Emy Petrini has collaborated for many years. In another area the video “Six Scents” by Makoto Azuma and Alessandro Tinelli will be shown in a continuous loop. Azuma, a Japanese "floral designer" and "botanical photographer", is one of the most famous names of the vegetal art nowdays, and this collaboration with the Italian video-maker Tinelli confirms, as the partnership between Petrini and Speranza, how much photography and video are an integral part of the language of contemporary vegetal design. In the last area of "Green Art", a slide show made by Anneclaire Budin of a selection of works by some of the leading names in the international scene of this artistic discipline will be shown with primarily informative intent.
Useful ideas for florists and for all those engaged in the marketing of plants and flowers will also be found in nòva_green prizes, curated by Andrea Vitali of diADE. Or more precisely from the sections "nòva_green – plants and flowers" and "nòva_green - forms of sale", in which the most innovative plants and flowers and sales formulas presented by the exhibitors of Flormart 2015 will be shown. The finalists of nòva_green prizes will be in a special stand at PadovaFiere from September 9 to 11 and the winners will be allowed to use the logo of the contest. The final awards ceremony will take place on the morning of Friday, September 11, at 11, at the nòva_green stand.
The entrance to Flormart is free and reserved for professionals: florists, flower designers, architects, gardeners, wholesalers and producers of plants and flowers and others in some way involved in the floriculture and gardening sectors.
For pre-accreditation: http://www.flormart.it/en/visitors/visitor-preaccreditation/
More information at www.flormart.it/en/ and Facebook page “Flormart PadovaFiere”.
For more information
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
9 -11 September in PadovaFiere, Italy:
Flormart 2015: laboratory on floral trends and showcase of international vegetal design
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- 2023-03-24 SAF to honor next gen floral pros with new award
- 2023-03-23 Australia: Protected cropping and soilless farming study tour
- 2023-03-23 Dutch flowers in St. Peter’s Square in Rome
- 2023-03-23 Plantarium|Groen-Direkt’s novelties inspection now also in June
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-22 Workshop on breeders rights protection in Mexico for Dutch plant breeders
- 2023-03-22 Roparun Team Royal FloraHolland runs on behalf of entire floriculture sector
- 2023-03-22 India: Flower markets bloom amid festive fervour
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry
- 2023-03-16 FloraHolland spring trade fair comes to an end