- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
UK: New fungicide ‘Avatar’ targets damping off and root rot
“Containing the two actives fosetyl-aluminium and propamocarb hyrochloride, Avatar has proven efficacy against oomycete diseases including Pythium spp (causing damping off) as well as Downy Mildew in broad leaved crops,” explains ICL technical manager Andrew Wilson. “Additional benefits against other oomycete diseases, such as Phytophthora species can be expected.
“This combination of actives works by preventing mycelia growth and penetration, spore production as well as germination. It also indirectly stimulates plant natural defences, through Systemic Acquired Resistance. Being a co-formulation, resistance management is also improved.”
Supplied in an easy to use liquid formation, Avatar can be applied as a drench, foliar spray or via drip irrigation.
ICL recommend applying Avatar as a protectant programme before infection occurs. To ward against root disease in seed sown crops, applying as a drench at sowing with a repeat application 24 hours prior to pricking out. For plug production, plants should be drenched before potting with a repeat application 10 -14 days later. To protect against downy mildew foliar spraying is recommended.
Avatar is available from ICL, working in partnership with Bayer CropScience.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Royal Brinkman introduces UniMite bio-distribution systems to Canadian market
- 2023-09-27 US: Spotted lanternfly identified in Illinois
- 2023-09-25 A spotlight on thrips and botrytis management
- 2023-09-22 "Tulip gall mite doesn't go down without a fight"
- 2023-09-13 US: Recycling pesticide containers in Vermont
- 2023-09-13 US: USDA to conduct facility certification visits to offshore greenhouses
- 2023-09-11 "Swirski-Mite helps you stay in control"
- 2023-09-08 Biobest signs agreement to acquire Biotrop in Brazil
- 2023-09-08 Dümmen Orange: "Bigger role for orange oil in crop protection"
- 2023-09-08 UK: Biorationals in the mainstream for ornamentals
- 2023-09-07 Controlling algae in nurseries: the green monster
- 2023-09-07 US (WA): Lindsey du Toit to lead WSU’s Department of Plant Pathology
- 2023-09-06 Certis Belchim partners with Clever BioScience
- 2023-08-29 CAN: New insecticide to manage aphids and whiteflies granted registration
- 2023-08-23 Aloe vera peels show natural pest control properties
- 2023-08-22 "New broad spectrum bioinsecticide back by popular demand"
- 2023-08-15 Uncovering stingless bees' perfect pollination cuisine
- 2023-08-14 A sticky subject: yellow sticky cards
- 2023-08-14 “Growing interest for biologicals in North America”
- 2023-08-10 New field-based tool for detection of multiple thrips transmitted plant viruses