- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Shinoda Foundation awards Scholar of the Year award to Nebraska horticulture major
“Melinda’s drive to succeed and her passion for horticulture at its deepest roots make her an excellent choice for the elite company of Scholar of the Year award winners,” said Bob Otsuka, president of the Shinoda Foundation.
Hailing from Hartford, South Dakota, Melinda is working toward a Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. The 21-year-old plans to pursue a career in wholesale floristry.
“Melinda strives to maximize every opportunity, and her dedication and commitment to reaching her goals motivates her in all her interactions,” one professor commented in her recommendation. In addition to her studies, Melinda has worked in the Wheat Seed Lab, is president of the Horticulture Club, served as a Walt Disney World intern and was inducted into multiple honor societies.
For 2015-16 the Shinoda Foundation Board of Trustees awarded seven scholarships plus grants to colleges and universities, all totaling $22,000. Since 1965, The Shinoda Foundation has awarded more than $811,000 in scholarships to 667 students.
For more information
Joseph Shinoda Memorial Scholarship Foundation
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-07 Highlights from the International Floriculture Trade Fair (IFTF) 2022 by Sahid Nahim
- 2022-12-07 Pelargoniums & poinsettias to be boosted in Eastern Europe with new EU funding
- 2022-12-07 Pheno Geno Roses attends beer symposium in Zrenjanin
- 2022-12-06 Fresh Park Venlo business club delves into ornamental plant auction and fairs 2.0
- 2022-12-06 "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
- 2022-12-02 AIPH announces finalists for the second Young International Grower of the Year Award
- 2022-12-01 Review of relationship day growers' cooperative Touch Me+
- 2022-11-30 UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- 2022-11-29 The Bloom Show: blooming down memory lane
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-28 HTA announces 2023 Ornamental Grower of the Year Awards date
- 2022-11-28 NL: Trade Fair Naaldwijk 2023 = Trade Fair Rijswijk in 2023
- 2022-11-28 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-25 Winners of the TASPO Awards 2022
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-23 Presentation of market study on opportunities in Mexican ornamental plants and flowers sector
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 #GivingTuesday supports beautiful flowers in 2023
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-23 Japan: 5 million LEDs make Ashikaga Flower Park a show-stopper