The Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) has developed a new monthly plant promotion - ‘Plant of the Moment’. The new consumer campaign has evolved from the existing Plant of the Month campaign that will end this year.
Month by month this new promotional plant calendar will highlight planting ideas as well as plants at their best to help customers create gardens that are full of colour and interest throughout the year.
It will also work as part of the industry wide ‘Love the Plot You’ve Got’ campaign that encourages people to make the most of their outside space.
The HTA worked with gardening consultant and journalist Adam Pasco to produce the calendar which was also agreed upon by UK growers and retailers.
Each month will feature reliable and trustworthy plants that are guaranteed to perform well in almost any garden, including many that have received the RHS ‘Award of Garden Merit’.
Retailers are encouraged to use ‘Plant of the Moment’ to attract customers back into their centres month on month and ultimately sell more plants! The calendar can be used to create vibrant plant displays with great looking plant combinations and planting recipes to inspire customers.
The calendar for 2016-17 is:
January - Create a winter wonderland
February - Camellias for early colour
March - Spring has sprung with perfect primulas
April - The magic of maples
May - Thyme for herbs
June - Colourful clematis collection
July - Bring in the butterflies
August - Get creative with ornamental grasses
September - Fashionably late perennials
October - In search of ‘berried’ treasure
November - A celebration of colourful cornus
December - Festive favourites
For more details, please visit www.the-hta.org.uk/plantofthemoment
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-31 FloraLife redesigns containers to reduce plastic material
- 2023-03-31 Terra Nova Nurseries releases plant attributes varieties lists for 2023
- 2023-03-30 Dümmen Orange farm in Embu celebrates 40th anniversary
- 2023-03-29 VB and Vogelaer sign contract for second geothermal plant
- 2023-03-29 Interplant Roses signs agency agreement with Agroall in Brazil
- 2023-03-29 "We started from scratch in terms of name, but certainly not in terms of experience"
- 2023-03-29 Cannova Casa opens door for Canna as houseplant
- 2023-03-28 PLNTS acquires another company
- 2023-03-28 Why AgriForce wants to acquire Berry People
- 2023-03-28 NL: Green'05 moves to new headquarters location
- 2023-03-28 UK: Garden Centres offers free seeds in partnership with Let It Grow
- 2023-03-27 Danish Ellepot celebrates 30 years in business
- 2023-03-27 NL: Dümmen Orange sells part of De Lier facilities to HouwenPlant
- 2023-03-27 UK: Yorkshire plant nursery hosts senior politicians to discuss industry challenges
- 2023-03-27 Lynch Group mulls China flowers future
- 2023-03-22 US: Master Nursery Garden Centers recognizes top vendors for 2022
- 2023-03-22 Six million trays sold, new models and expansion of the recycling station
- 2023-03-22 Royal Brinkman and Moleaer expand cooperation in Mexico
- 2023-03-21 Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
- 2023-03-21 NL: Henda Flowers opens new greenhouse