- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “With this sheet we are seeing an extra 4-6 days of healthier flowers”
- Impression Naivasha Horticultural Fair
- "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- Dutch Gerbera grower declared bankruptcy
- “Tillandsias are amazing living sculptures, used in the most various ways”
Top 5 -last month
Raphael Mulinge and Irene Njeru, Mzurrie Flowers:
Kenya: New 10 ha farm for Mzurrie Flowers
The plastic Hanuel greenhouse is being manufactured by Agrigreen. "The speed of assembling the greenhouses is faster than normal," says Raphael Mulinge General Manager Winchester Farm.
Planting already started
Currently, the new farm which is located in Bahati is under construction with each greenhouse being of 1 ha size. Eight greenhouses have already been constructed with 2 ha having been planted already. "In February 2016, we hope to have full production for the 10 ha. And when there is a good demand for the products from this farm, we have the possibility to gradually expand it to 30 ha or even more," says Raphael.
Amiran Kenya supplies the greenhouses. "The funnel for water harvesting is very advanced," says Raphael.
Four farms in total
The new farm will be the fourth farm of Mzurrie and is called Winchester Farm Bahati. The three other farms are: Winchester Farm Karen, Maji Mazuri Flowers and Molo River Roses. The Winchester Farm Karen is situated in Karen at an altitude of 1,830 meters with 9 ha under rose production and a propagation unit of 2400m2 producing 3.5 million plants/year. The Maji Mazuri Flowers is situated 50kms west of Eldoret at an altitude of 1950m above sea level with 30 Ha under rose production. The third farm, the Molo River Roses is situated in Kenya’s Rift Valley, 30 kilometers Northwest of Lake Nakuru at an altitude of 1,750 meters with 17.5 ha under rose production with plans of expansion to 27 Ha. At this farm, modern growing techniques including controlling of radiation using light screens and humidity through misters are being utilized.
From left to right: Winchester Farm Ltd, Maji Mazuri Flowers Ltd, Molo River Roses Ltd.
Mzurrie Flowers is constantly looking at ways to conserve the environment better. "In the future we will go further into green energy and waste water treatment," says Raphael.
Mzurrie will showcase their products at the IFTF in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands, from 4-6 November 2015 and can be visited at stand number C2.16.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-12 Marjoland Experience: "Connect with the customer, now more than ever"
- 2022-08-24 "The end product must be perfect and cultivation should remain profitable"
- 2022-08-12 US (OH): Red Twig farm focuses on quality vs. quantity
- 2022-08-11 “European market hungry for newer waxflower varieties”
- 2022-08-10 Lüers GmbH & Co.KG open house in full swing
- 2022-07-21 "Godlen Pond: Innovative packaging can lead to better floral branding"
- 2022-07-19 Guntur farmer uses drones to boost his Floriculture yield
- 2022-07-19 Tribute to Santosh Mhaske, Pune's top floral designer
- 2022-07-08 Grant Kees to join BioSafe horti division in Alabama and Florida
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem