- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
February, 24-26. 2016 in Milan.
Italy: Internationality and early contents for Myplant & Garden
Its qualification as an international fair –obtained since its debut in February 2015 -has been reconfirmed and certified also for the second edition: the new Myplant & Garden exhibition proves itself to be the world reference point for business and the green sector, in which plant cultivations and constructions, flower cultivations and decorations, techniques and machineries, services and equipment find an international aim in their business and a real push to recognize the excellence of the Italian flower and plant sector and of the green solutions which are here designed and presented.
The presence of buyer delegations, which has been remarkable since last year, will be further improved, thanks to the cooperation with bodies, institutions, agencies and companies.
2015 focus: at its debut the B2B green event (339 exhibited brands in February 2015) had recorded 7,500 certificated professional visitors coming from 5 continents, 50 official delegations of international buyers and visitors from 20 Italian regions.
“The booking process of the exhibition,” says the organization office, “is following a good trend and our interest, which is primarily focused on important topics for the flower and plant and garden sectors, is expanding to themes related to green projects.”
“For the first time an Italian fair has connected the protagonists of architecture, constructions, flower and plant providers for projects and public and private, urban and extra urban green areas under construction.”
“We are talking about flower and vegetable gardens, parks and territories –and their maintenance – bearing in mind the needs of retailers and big wholesalers.”
“Last year we already created an area in the exhibition where a very high level (from an economic and project point of view) international delegation discussed some topics about big scale green projects, presenting some development models being studied and even some completed projects (parks, cycle paths, slow mobility etc.): the results were a surprise, as well as the profits (especially from an economic point of view) generated by requalification/maintenance of green areas.”
“In this perspective we are going to present a creative contest for green projects, in partnership with Fondazione Minoprio, Aiapp Lombardia, Politecnico di Milano and the Ordine degli Architetti PPC of the Provincia di Milano: the successful projects will be built at the trade fair.”
“At any scale flowers and plants are a heritage which needs to be protected: “We know the meaning of 2016 for the green sector: Italy will host IFLA World Congress, an extraordinary opportunity to talk about green, landscape and territory.”
Going back to distribution, a garden centre from the “future” is being presented and open to a more and more varied offer, a more and more accurate demand and an innovative, efficient and effective ‘visual’ sales format. New products, new layouts, improved stock management to base sales on impulse, attraction, need, organization.
There will be room for cut flowers and flower decorations: important schools and masters, from Italy and abroad, will discuss creativity and beauty in flower compositions. There will also be room for taste, cooking shows with star-awarded chefs regarding vegetables and food and something is going to be organized also in the city, in partnership with Aiapp green architects. The topics will focus on green and wellness, hospitality, nature and health, paving the way to new types of buyers who come from the hospitality world. Moreover, professionals will have the opportunity to update their knowledge about technical and professional themes.
Further activities, not diverting the organization office from business: Myplant is sponsoring some initiatives on the territory –related to the green sector under many aspects (cultural, commercial, relational), meeting consortiums, districts and companies all over Italy, using the Expo area as meeting point for foreign delegations and representatives of foreign exhibitions in order to create synergies, partnerships and to promote the presence of more companies and professionals at the fair.
In February 2016 FieraMilano will be once more a strong attraction for Italian and international professionals. Among the new concepts, it will be considered as a hub for green sector professionals in a historically central, and not marginal, commercial area. The exhibition is transparently managed in cooperation with companies and is an example and boost for the whole sector, especially in Italy, in the Italian and world market.
“The international green exhibition is awaiting you with its second edition rich in new products, previews, business opportunities, contacts and relations.”
For more information
Myplant & Garden
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 Impression Kunming International Flower Expo in China
- 2023-09-25 Six Dutch growers organize 'the sustainable trade show of the future'
- 2023-09-25 Funding for growers: Biosecurity Improvement Initiative under SCAP program
- 2023-09-25 International seed sector discusses biodiversity and corporate social responsibility
- 2023-09-25 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Pasadena Tournament of Roses announces fourth annual Día De Los Muertos Art Competition
- 2023-09-22 New Zealand: Flower show marks 40 years
- 2023-09-22 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-22 Dümmen Orange Plant Scientist Receives 2023 Paul Ecke Jr. Award from San Diego Botanic Garden
- 2023-09-22 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-22 GlobalGAP prepares the industry for integrated farm assurance version 6
- 2023-09-22 India: Festive demand firms-up flower prices
- 2023-09-21 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-21 2024 Horticultural Entrepreneur Award ceremony on March 6
- 2023-09-21 Flores Isabelita awarded at the Comfenalco Antioquia Inclusion Awards
- 2023-09-21 UK: Lossiemouth flower show makes colorful return
- 2023-09-20 ICL and Syngenta Ornamentals team up for horti science masterclass
- 2023-09-20 MANTS 2024 kickstarts the year at The Baltimore Convention Center
- 2023-09-20 Hort-Talk: a focus on houseplants
- 2023-09-20 University of Florida greenhouse climate management starts October 1