- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants - Italy
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Cuttings and young plants from locations within Europe are more in demand than ever"
- Mayte Grazia receives own rose: 'The Most Beautiful'
- White LEDs: a cost-effective alternative to red and far-red LEDs
- Van den Bos Flowerbulbs and Penning Freesia join forces
- "Private Equity has Food & Flower sector in its sights"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
North American growers honored for recycling efforts
“Million Bottle Club honorees can take pride in keeping bottles out of streets, landfills and oceans,” said Dave Edenfield, Business Development Manager for McConkey. “And they’re doing this simply by following their own green production practices, including growing in 100% recycled, curbside-recyclable rEarth containers.”
With only 1 in 4 plastic bottles recycled and 60 million bottles going into landfills daily, growers can make a significant environmental impact by using products like rEarth and diverting bottles into recyclable containers.
Million Bottle Club membership continues to expand. This year’s honorees recycled more than 66 million bottles in 2015 alone:
Armstrong Growers 29.5 million
Color Point Nursery 6.5 million
Kawahara Nursery 5.9 million
Iwasaki Bros., Inc. 5.8 million
Smith Gardens 4.0 million
Blooms 4.0 million
Certified Plant Growers 3.8 million
Pacific Growers 2.0 million
Colorama Wholesale Nursery 1.8 million
De Goede Brothers 1.8 million
Cal Color Growers 1.5 million
Based on the cumulative number of bottles recycled since the grower began using rEarth, the Million Bottle Awards are announced annually. “With the Million Bottle Club growing every year, we have many multi-year members,” said Dave, “and even more very close to their first award for recycling a million bottles. We look forward to welcoming even more next year.”
rEarth is manufactured by McConkey Company, a leading producer and distributor of horticultural goods, with locations in Sumner, WA, and Garden Grove, CA. A family-owned business for three generations, McConkey offers a wide product selection including containers, coverings, soil, and more.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-12 Marjoland Experience: "Connect with the customer, now more than ever"
- 2022-08-24 "The end product must be perfect and cultivation should remain profitable"
- 2022-08-12 US (OH): Red Twig farm focuses on quality vs. quantity
- 2022-08-11 “European market hungry for newer waxflower varieties”
- 2022-08-10 Lüers GmbH & Co.KG open house in full swing
- 2022-07-21 "Godlen Pond: Innovative packaging can lead to better floral branding"
- 2022-07-19 Guntur farmer uses drones to boost his Floriculture yield
- 2022-07-19 Tribute to Santosh Mhaske, Pune's top floral designer
- 2022-07-08 Grant Kees to join BioSafe horti division in Alabama and Florida
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem