- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
North American growers honored for recycling efforts
“Million Bottle Club honorees can take pride in keeping bottles out of streets, landfills and oceans,” said Dave Edenfield, Business Development Manager for McConkey. “And they’re doing this simply by following their own green production practices, including growing in 100% recycled, curbside-recyclable rEarth containers.”
With only 1 in 4 plastic bottles recycled and 60 million bottles going into landfills daily, growers can make a significant environmental impact by using products like rEarth and diverting bottles into recyclable containers.
Million Bottle Club membership continues to expand. This year’s honorees recycled more than 66 million bottles in 2015 alone:
Armstrong Growers 29.5 million
Color Point Nursery 6.5 million
Kawahara Nursery 5.9 million
Iwasaki Bros., Inc. 5.8 million
Smith Gardens 4.0 million
Blooms 4.0 million
Certified Plant Growers 3.8 million
Pacific Growers 2.0 million
Colorama Wholesale Nursery 1.8 million
De Goede Brothers 1.8 million
Cal Color Growers 1.5 million
Based on the cumulative number of bottles recycled since the grower began using rEarth, the Million Bottle Awards are announced annually. “With the Million Bottle Club growing every year, we have many multi-year members,” said Dave, “and even more very close to their first award for recycling a million bottles. We look forward to welcoming even more next year.”
rEarth is manufactured by McConkey Company, a leading producer and distributor of horticultural goods, with locations in Sumner, WA, and Garden Grove, CA. A family-owned business for three generations, McConkey offers a wide product selection including containers, coverings, soil, and more.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 "Sales worldwide have been increasing. especially in Japan"
- 2022-01-17 FlorAmor adds Clivias to Flandresse
- 2022-01-13 "Overseas expansion is certainly an option"
- 2022-01-07 Breeder Wim Declercq celebrates 40 years at Gediflora
- 2022-01-07 Duynplant and Duijn-Hove to continue together
- 2022-01-06 Ecuador: Greenhouse construction Forever Flowers complete
- 2022-01-04 US (NH): "It does not only supplement our seasonal sales, it also keeps our staff busy and greenhouse full"
- 2021-12-20 A peek behind the scenes at Belgium nursery Plantura
- 2021-12-20 The roots of Colombia’s booming flower and orchid industry
- 2021-12-16 "The customer asks for the same product all year round, so that is what we started to grow"
- 2021-12-14 Ecuador: Greenhouses of new alstroemeria farm taking shape
- 2021-12-13 "In the past, organic production meant you’d lose at least 30% of your production capacity"
- 2021-11-26 Luray grower uses topless high tunnels to feed community year round
- 2021-10-25 AU: How a multigenerational family made a ‘flower change’ to Yass River
- 2021-10-22 US (FL): “We built a new shipping warehouse, improving our efficiency”
- 2021-10-21 "Outdoor growing gets more challenging with climate change"
- 2021-10-18 Mexico: “As a smaller company, we are able to prioritize small breeders and their creations”
- 2021-10-08 NL: "Nursery Gebr. Grootscholten is showing the way"
- 2021-10-08 Sowing seeds of passion: Horticulturist turns childhood hobby into niche business
- 2021-10-08 Vietnam: "We are working on a new platform for Phalaenopis trade"