- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kenya: Residents invest in tree, flower nurseries to earn a living
Plant seedling traders started planting assorted types of trees and flowers in nurseries for sale after they discovered that people value environment beautification yet they do not have the ready sources they need to plant on their premises.
According to Mr Dennis Ombongi who owns a variety of flower and tree nurseries at Gesonso Junction, starting a flower or tree nursery is one of the easiest economic activities that one can undertake as a source of livelihood, so long as one is situated at a place with constant access to customers.
“You only need small nylon bags, good soil, water and a site where customers can easily access the plant seedlings,” Ombongi said
Click here to read the complete article at www.hivisasa.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- 2022-12-06 AfriFlora supporting young girls with sustainable menstrual solutions
- 2022-12-05 Kenya: Red Lands Roses expands greenhouse acreage to meet demand
- 2022-11-22 "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- 2022-11-16 "This grass is greener and has much larger flags than the Latifolium"
- 2022-11-15 NL: .C. Zwinkels retires, Orient nursery takes over freesia cultivation
- 2022-11-03 LED light dances to Linkin Park song in Chrysantemum greenhouse
- 2022-11-02 "Flower artists are always on the lookout for new reds"
- 2022-10-21 "Beleaf in green": the new cultivation at Ovata
- 2022-10-19 Singing, dancing, young grower smashes stereotype of Australian farmers
- 2022-10-19 Local science-based artist and horticulturist to release plant journal
- 2022-10-19 Podcast about big trees, containers, and everything in between
- 2022-10-17 Sonoma’s rural flower farmers claim the bounty of fall
- 2022-10-17 Nomi and Babs win season 5 'Vlog uit de Kas'
- 2022-10-13 Grandtastic: a piece of art
- 2022-10-12 Pioneer Flower Farms celebrates 50th anniversary, opens new greenhouse after fire
- 2022-10-12 Celebrating Scotland’s bioeconomy week
- 2022-10-11 David Austin presents Rose Patience
- 2022-09-30 Podcast: Building a home-based cut flower business
- 2022-09-12 Marjoland Experience: "Connect with the customer, now more than ever"