In the video below, Jeremy Pymento, Product Manager at Osram explains how the Zelion HL Horticulture LED grow light fixtures offer significant benefits over traditional lighting.
According to Pymento, these fixtures provide targeted wavelengths for optimum plant growth. "So no energy is wasted, making them an effective light source option."
"Although the Zelion HL may cost more, these costs will be quickly offset by the reduction of monthly operating expenses and the elimination of costly lamp replacements."
The LED's used in the Zelion grow light fixtures are specifically designed for plant growth and are saving energy. "Several tests revealed that these LEDs lead to more than 40% energy savings," says Pymento.
The fixtures are passively cooled, completely silent, water resistant and have independent red and blue on/off switches. "This is to provide a greater flexibility. The blue wavelength stimulates the vegetative growth, while the red wavelength stimulates fruit and flower. Using both colors together benefits, both the chlorophyll and the absorption," explains Pymento.
For more information
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- 2023-03-21 Ridder receives 2023 CEA Center Mission Award
- 2023-03-20 Potted Anthurium in Greenhouse 2030, a whole year without plant protection products
- 2023-03-20 "You want to see how much water is in the tank, not how much isn't"
- 2023-03-20 How growers boost crop yields with greenhouse film EVO AC®
- 2023-03-16 "The system accurately and consistently places interlocking trays on a pallet"
- 2023-03-15 Trial and error in Dutch greenhouse: Can autonomous systems work well together?
- 2023-03-15 A new way of growing with dynamic LEDs
- 2023-03-13 Essential oils prolonged the cut carnation longevity
- 2023-03-09 US (IL): Pennycress crop research continues at Western Illinois University
- 2023-03-09 USAF cavitating ultrasonic transmitters now also available in 115 volts
- 2023-03-09 An Italian innovative system for managing hydroponic crops
- 2023-03-07 Model calculates temperature down to the square centimeter
- 2023-03-03 "Automatic nutrient measurement is ready to be put into practice"
- 2023-03-02 Changing the cover of a greenhouse without affecting production
- 2023-03-01 “Environmental control is the biggest limiting factor at most cultivation facilities”
- 2023-02-28 How to clean seeds without using chemicals
- 2023-02-27 Maintenance-friendly UV sanitizer thanks to 'crossfire' effect
- 2023-02-24 New flexible far-red light for application based growing
- 2023-02-20 "Be prepared for the next winter with proactive end-of-season maintenance"