The California Association of Flower Growers and Shippers, or CalFlowers, and its grower members, including those in San Diego County, will Petal It Forward on October 7, 2015, to spread happiness and joy with cut flowers.
Petal It Forward was conceived by the Society of American Florists to share the power of flowers, as documented in research by Rutgers University that demonstrated flowers create delight, increase life satisfaction and make people happy. SAF recently surveyed 2,500 U.S. residents and found 88 percent of Americans report that giving flowers makes them feel happy, while 80 percent reported that receiving flowers makes them feel happy.
Members of CalFlowers, whose mission is to get flowers from the field to consumers, will spread the joy by giving away bouquets. In San Diego County, Dramm & Echter will offer samples of its locally grown gerberas and other flowers from 10 a.m.–11 a.m. at its location, 1150 Quail Gardens Dr., Encinitas, CA 92024.
In the Bay area, the San Francisco Flower Mart will host a giveaway during the morning commute at the Caltrans train station, 700 4th St., San Francisco, CA 94107.
Other members of CalFlowers, including growers, wholesalers and retailers, will support Petal It Forward throughout the day of October 7 all over California. Eighty percent of cut flower production in the United States occurs in California, creating an economic engine with an estimated impact of billions of dollars.
Follow the Petal It Forward campaign using hashtag #PetalItForward and on CalFlowers Instagram account, @CalifFlowers.
CalFlowers’ mission is to strengthen member businesses through logistics, education and promotion to grow the use and enjoyment of cut flowers. More info on the association and its services and membership is at www.cafgs.org and on Instagram @CalifFlowers.
For more information
Anne Price, PR Works, Inc. for CalFlowers
T: +1 602-330-6495
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
US: CalFlowers and San Diego Area Growers Petal It Forward with happy flower giveaways
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
- 2023-03-21 NL: Henda Flowers opens new greenhouse
- 2023-03-20 Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- 2023-03-17 Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
- 2023-03-17 AFE introduces their new Friends of Floral Program
- 2023-03-16 Solar panels make up for 50% of the annual energy consumption at DREA
- 2023-03-16 Managing assortment on Floriday improved with supply selections
- 2023-03-16 NL: Stolk G4M Plants introduces Spathiphyllum Jet Diamond
- 2023-03-16 Dutch companies merge
- 2023-03-16 Ian Rasmussen appointed as CEO of Royal Dutch Paardekooper Group
- 2023-03-16 Ugo Conforti appointed as President of Flora Toscana
- 2023-03-16 Floward raises USD156 million
- 2023-03-15 NL: Minister of Agriculture visits Dutch breeder
- 2023-03-15 Dutch nurseries expand partnership
- 2023-03-14 NL: Violets make way for greenhouse allotments
- 2023-03-14 BASF Venture Capital GmbH invests in WayBeyond
- 2023-03-14 Tristram Plants raises over £5000 for Ukraine appeal
- 2023-03-13 BioSafe Systems celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-03-13 Voshol joins GreenV group to serve consolidating market
- 2023-03-10 US (FL): Royal Van Zanten showcases award winners at WFFSA, Miami