CK Greenhouses in Cheshire, United Kingdom gave a short demonstration of their Harvest House plant robots. They use this robots to space their plants in both their greenhouses and outdoor mum fields. In the video below, posted by UConn Extension, you can see them moving the pots from a pot to pot spacing to a final spacing.
The plant robots of Harvest Automation are designed to perform material handling tasks in unstructured, outdoor environments such as those typically found in commercial growing operations. One of the benefits of the robots are that they work safely alongside people and require minimal training to operate, while vastly reducing production costs and improving productivity. Besides that, the plant robots reduce direct labor headcount and costs while enabling efficiency initiatives such as resource management, just in time production, and inventory control.
This is also experienced by the grower at CK greenhouse. "The robots are relatively easy to program and they are a great labor saving tool."
For more information
Harvest Automation, Inc
+1 (978) 528-4250
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We now have full control of our rooting container and substrate"
- KF Bioplants names two new gerbera varieties and Best Grower of 2023
- "May the White Force bloom with you"
- What to expect at the California Spring Trials?
- Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Potted Anthurium in Greenhouse 2030, a whole year without plant protection products
- 2023-03-20 "You want to see how much water is in the tank, not how much isn't"
- 2023-03-20 How growers boost crop yields with greenhouse film EVO AC®
- 2023-03-16 "The system accurately and consistently places interlocking trays on a pallet"
- 2023-03-15 Trial and error in Dutch greenhouse: Can autonomous systems work well together?
- 2023-03-15 A new way of growing with dynamic LEDs
- 2023-03-13 Essential oils prolonged the cut carnation longevity
- 2023-03-09 US (IL): Pennycress crop research continues at Western Illinois University
- 2023-03-09 USAF cavitating ultrasonic transmitters now also available in 115 volts
- 2023-03-09 An Italian innovative system for managing hydroponic crops
- 2023-03-07 Model calculates temperature down to the square centimeter
- 2023-03-03 "Automatic nutrient measurement is ready to be put into practice"
- 2023-03-02 Changing the cover of a greenhouse without affecting production
- 2023-03-01 “Environmental control is the biggest limiting factor at most cultivation facilities”
- 2023-02-28 How to clean seeds without using chemicals
- 2023-02-27 Maintenance-friendly UV sanitizer thanks to 'crossfire' effect
- 2023-02-24 New flexible far-red light for application based growing
- 2023-02-20 "Be prepared for the next winter with proactive end-of-season maintenance"
- 2023-02-20 "4G real-time smart sensor has high communication stability in international transportation"
- 2023-02-17 Dehumidification technology can help greenhouse growers reduce energy costs