The first chrysanthemums of the new greenhouse of Arcadia Chrysanten have been harvested. In the video below, the process from harvesting to sleeving has been filmed.
This newly developed glasshouse for year-round chrysanthemum cultivation, is fully integrated with all the associated modern technology: lifting heating, steam pipes, flower transportation channels, overhead irrigation integrated in the c-profiles with lighting and roof cleaning. Additionally, the glasshouse benefits from technological developments in the new methods of cultivation, such as drawing external air combined with interior air circulation and heating, in order to dehumidify with a mix of dry outside air and inside air. The glasshouse is glazed with diffusing glass with 2-sided AR coating and 2 screen installations are installed.
For more information
Bart van Ruijven
T. +31 (0)6 15 41 34 72
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 Alexandra Farms introduces seven garden rose varieties to our diverse collections
- 2023-03-23 NL: A colorful spring at Van der Sar nursery
- 2023-03-23 Plantables celebrates 5 year anniversary
- 2023-03-23 “'Made in Italy' is always appealing, even in garden roses”
- 2023-03-21 US (MI): Abele Greenhouse opens again after fire
- 2023-03-10 “I was looking for a solution which would help me create a very specific climate in my greenhouses"
- 2023-03-10 March on a flower farm
- 2023-03-09 This fabled orchid breeder loves to chat — just not about Trader Joe's orchids
- 2023-03-08 "Today, I see the fact that I’m a woman as an advantage"
- 2023-03-07 Tea growers make real horticultural tea together
- 2023-02-27 CAN (QC): A local Quebec flower farm is leading the way in The Slow Flowers Movement
- 2023-02-27 Introducing native perennials as cut flowers
- 2023-02-24 Alternative spring crops from Köder Gartenbau
- 2023-02-21 US (WI): Yoga in the greenhouse
- 2023-02-21 UK: "Why we're going peat-free?"
- 2023-02-20 Avri Farms starts pink hydrangea production in Ecuador
- 2023-02-20 NL: 365 days of summer with full-LED
- 2023-02-16 "We make sure the varieties are really grown as bulb-on-pot varieties"
- 2023-02-16 US (NJ): Farmer growing flowers a little greener thanks to grant to convert to geothermal heat
- 2023-02-16 Cyprus: Life for flower grower is no bed of roses